Contract Type: Internship
The bbd Bursary program was started in 2011 in conjunction with the ISETT SETA, BBD sponsors tuition, residential fees, canteen costs and textbooks, along with a monthly allowance for incidentals for successful student applicants.
Interns are secured on a 12 month contract which is renewable year on year and students are required to apply for further funding at the end of each year of study for the following academic year.
Students are also required to attend a one week Vac Week at the BBD offices in which a variety of activities such as the following are covered:
•Myers-Briggs Personality Profiling Sessions
•A-Z session with our in-house Research & Development Team
Applications are taken all year and the preferred cut off date for applications is late November each year. The programme then starts at the beginning of the year. But as creators of software we know that life doesn’t always fit into neat little boxes and so will also consider entry into the programme outside of these dates.
- Applicants must be studying full time towards a BSC Computer Science / Engineering degree at one of the recognized universities.
- Applicants must have demonstrated the drive and desire to succeed through consistent academic results
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Successful applicants are required to attend a one week Vac Week at BBD offices.
- Applicants must apply through the BBD careers portal and attach their latest full academic transcripts and a brief resume.
- When you apply you will have to give information about where you are studying or plan to study, what you are studying and your results. If you are still at school then your matric prelim or final results are needed.
- We do an initial selection based on this information provided so please submit everything we ask for as it just makes it easier. Once over that hurdle and if you are selected we will invite you for an interview and take it from there.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be energetic with an open mind and a positive work ethic.
- Strong sense of self discipline, personal accountability and sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a structured process-driven environment
- Must be able to work in a professional and comfortable work environment where the core focus is on learning, growth, knowledge sharing, teamwork and collaboration.
How to Apply
Closing date: 04-Sep-2013