Posted on :
19 Sep, 2011
19 Sep, 2011
We are looking for confident, intelligent and energetic individuals, who can think laterally and who have strong analytical and proven numerical abilities. If this defines you then we have just the right challenge!
This is an opportunity to break away from the traditional job choices and to launch your career in the fast-paced, exciting and dynamic world of Merchandise Planning.
Skills, Experience & Education:
TO QUALIFY YOU NEED:
• A Grade 12 certificate
• A B Com. degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Stats and Business Science or alternatively, a completed National Diploma majoring in Internal Auditing and Cost and Management Accounting
• A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel)
• To be a lateral thinker
• To have strong analytical and proven numerical abilities
• To be confident, energetic and self motivated
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A CAREER IN MERCHANDISE PLANNING?
• You’ll get exposure to every aspect of the business from Buying, Central Planning and Supply Chain Management, to Operations
• You’ll get to develop your strategic and analytical thinking skills so that you can implement processes and optimize turnover
• You will acquire the business skills you need to run your portfolio as if it was your own business
• You’ll use your strong numerical ability to influence business decisions at a tactical level
SO YOU’RE INTERESTED BUT WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will get the opportunity to:
• Shine! …. We have created the Phadima Project so that you can experience an environment and a culture where you can “shine”
• Learn about & experience retail
• Grow & develop additional skills through our Business Experts and our Training Centre
• Become a certified Planner
• Gain experience
• Get regular feedback
• Gain recognition
• Have fun
In terms of the Ackermans policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.