Beyond Zero (BZ) has been successfully implementing comprehensive services across the HIV and TB care continuum in the Eastern Cape (EC), KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Limpopo Provinces in the past 16 years; targeting key and vulnerable populations including adolescents and youths, sex workers (SW), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and men who have sex with men (MSM) and people living with HIV amongst others.
As one of the 4 nominated Principal Recipient (PRs) in South Africa to lead and provide strategic management, oversight, monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of the Global Fund grant for the period April 2019 until December 2020. Beyond Zero (BZ) is recruiting to fill the following positions for the AGYW Programme within the Department of Basic Education (DBE) under the GF funding mechanism.
Job Title: Programme Managers At Deputy Director Level 12 (Dbe)
Job Location: Pretoria
Contract duration: One year fixed term with possibility of extension for 3 years subject to funding availability.
Salary: Market Related
Anticipated start date: 1 June ,2019
Closing date for applications: 12 Noon ( CAT) on the 17th May,2019 .
Report to: AGYW National Technical Specialist
Position Description Summary : Seconded by Beyond Zero to the Department of Basic Education, job purpose of this Position is to provide targeted leadership, and technical expertise to the Provincial Education Department to assist with the management, guidance and monitoring for the implementation of the Global Fund Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) programme, as guided by the DBE National Policies on School Health and HIV. This leadership role will evolve in relation to the broader implementation of the DBE National Policy on HIV, STIs and TB as well as the Integrated School Health Policy over the life activity of the program.
Duties and responsibilities :
Work with the HIV and AIDS Life Skills Provincial Coordinators who are responsible for the GF AGYW Programme to:
- Provide strategic and technical support to the provincial education departments in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the GF AGYW Programme in the identified priority schools within the Global Fund sub-districts
- Provide technical support to the provincial education department in the development, implementation and monitoring of credible HIV, STIs and TB responses
- Develop and guide the implementation programme to operationalise the GF AGYW activities in provinces, districts and schools
- Provide strategic support in the implementation of the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) programme in the province and align plans to realise the GF AGYW objectives
- Mobilise provincial education departments, provincial AIDS Councils, Universities, research organisations as well as NGOs and civic organisations in support of the education sector-wide response to HIV, STIs and TB
- Support and coordinate the comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and reporting objectives of the GF AGYW programme
- NQF Level 7 Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health , Social Sciences or Education is essential.
- At least 5years’ experience in a middle management position within the Public Sector or Senior Management Position in a Civil Society environment
- At least 3- 5 years’ experience in the development of reports, grants proposals, strategies /guidelines / training manuals.
- An excellent understanding of the HIV and TB epidemic in South Africa, especially prevention among the key populations.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate stakeholder groups is required, especially education stakeholders
- An understanding of the interface between the South African government operations and NGO environment
- Work experience in donor–funded projects at provincial / and or national level
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with high –level officials from government agencies, NGOs, international development organisations, and the private sector.
- High level of organisational, initiative and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of other South African local languages will be an added advantage
- Exceptional communication, writing and editing skills
- Computer skills essential including ability to use the Microsoft office packages, email and internet
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-orientated environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain document archives
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as and when required
By applying for the above mentioned position, applicants consent to qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of BZ recruitment process.
Cover letters clearly stating Position being applied for, CVs, and copies of qualifications must be forwarded to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 17 May, 2019