Posted on :
14 Sep, 2010
14 Sep, 2010
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we’re the company for you. Think Ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
Hotazel Manganese Mines, based in the Kalahari we mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
Ensuring compliance with the BHP Billiton commitment to Zero Harm, you will be in possession of the qualifications, skills and experience listed below:
Ensuring compliance with the BHP Billiton commitment to Zero Harm, you will play a key role in your discipline at the sinter and DMS plants to contribute to the production of quality manganese ore at the lowest possible. Compliance to all applicable protocols and procedures are essential.
Key Performance Areas:
• Preventative and corrective maintenance on plants and equipment.
• Ensure the minimisation of downtime and optimal functioning of plants.
• Conduct regular plant inspections.
• Apply fault finding techniques, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of equipment breakdowns.
• Maintenance shutdowns, statutory inspections on lifting equipment, completion of work orders.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
• N2 with Trade Test Certificate
• Knowledge of SAP
• Code 8 drivers licence
• Team player
• Action orientation
• Building and maintaining relationships
• Delivering quality results
• Planning and organising
Please forward you’re CV (max 3 pages) to: [email protected], or fax to 086 560 1141. Applications close 20 September 2010.
Appointments will be made in line with the company’s Employment Equity Policy. Previously disadvantaged people are encouraged to apply.
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.