Posted on :
27 Nov, 2010
27 Nov, 2010
BHP Billiton is a global leader in the resources industry. Formed from a merger between BHP and Billiton, we bring together an exceptional mix of quality, low-cost resource assets, complemented by a strong management team determined to operate our assets in an efficient manner.
We have financial strength through our cashflow and balance sheet, a diversity of products and customers, as well as access to global capital markets and an enviable platform of growth opportunities.
Business / Project:
Manganese CSG (Corporate)
Full Time – Permanent
South Africa – Johannesburg
Compliance covers a number of areas of compliance risk including anti-trust, anti-corruption, and international trade which is made up of money laundering, economic sanctions, anti-boycott, and anti-market abuse. The role will manage aspects of the Group Compliance Program in this context and provide guidance to a wide range of management on designated compliance matters.
Responsibilities will include:
1. General Compliance
– Setting up and Implementing Procedures
– Investigations and Disciplinary Procedures
– Risk Assessment
2. Compliance (Area Specific)
– International Trade Laws
Tertiary qualifications in Management or other relevant discipline.
Experience and Technical Competencies
– A broad understanding of the business
– Experience in meeting the requirements of compliance legislation incumbent on business
– Experience implementing change in multi-jurisdiction, multi-country context.
– Understanding of relevant anti-corruption and related laws (anti-trust; sanctions; anti-money laundering; anti-boycott and (commodity) market manipulation, broadly globally.
– Experience in developing and monitoring internal programs, including developing and conducting training and awareness programs for staff.
– Experience in sourcing and applying legal advice in relation to the business.
– Previous experience in international joint ventures and, preferably, exposure to managing relationships between joint venture competitor companies.
– Experience in data management and legal issues related to document retention and preservation.
– Affinity for the mining and natural resources business.
Behavioural and Leadership Competencies
– Highly developed conceptual thinking
– Highly developed communicatoin skills including the ability to gain agreement across a wide range of senior management
– Well developed influencing skills
– Persistence and resilience in order to bring about effective change
– Able to build relationships effectively and easily
– Lives the BHP Billiton Charter Values and displays the highest integrity
19 Nov 2010 South Africa Standard Time
4 Dec 2010 5:00pm South Africa Standard Time
Click on this link:
then select Africa and apply