Posted on :
20 Jan, 2011
20 Jan, 2011
BHP Billiton Manganese is a distinctive business with a leading presence in the global manganese market. Our operations span 2 continents and offer an excellent platform for those seeking to fast track their career. Join our dynamic business and contribute to our growth.
Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM), is based in the Kalahari. We mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
To manage the Product Mining Operations in order to meet departmental objectives
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for the Mining Department
• Plan strategically to improve business performance and assist with the long-term strategic plans
Mining Management (Underground):
• Manage mining operations and processes
• Maintain and update Ground Control Strategies
• Monitor daily achievement of targets and take corrective action in the event of targets not reached
• Plan areas to be mined for the production month taking into account forecast requirements that would have been informed by marketing requirements
• Sign-off and manage the execution of the Monthly Plans (Plan Compliance) and report reasons for deviation in the monthly planning report
• Manage project team of technical projects to deliver project objectives
• Contribute to project initiation, scope definition and scope change control
• Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budget for projects or sub projects and monitor and control actual cost against budget
• Provide assistance in implementing and assuring project work meets quality requirements
• Sign off Capital Projects
• Conduct regular Results and Progress Management (RPM’s) meetings as per schedule
• Actively participate in team Results and Progress Management (RPM’s) meetings
• Drive continuous improvement through KPI management
• Display continuous improvement of 5S within work areas
• Manage a diverse work force to add value
• Monitor and evaluate team members against performance standards
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Mining Engineering Degree or Diploma with Government Certificate of Competency.
• 5 Years experience in a Production and Mining Environment.
• Experience of Underground and Plants will be advantageous.
• Knowledge of SAP and MS packages is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to possess the following skills/competencies:
Building and Maintaining Relationships
Cross Functional Awareness
Objective Setting and Control
Please forward your CV (max 3 pages) to: mailto: email@example.com or fax to 053 7422856. Closing date 28 January 2011.
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.
Offer valid till: 28 Jan 2011 5:00pm South Africa Standard Time