Posted on :
24 Dec, 2020
24 Dec, 2020
In a digital world, businesses require IT experts for effective and efficient operations. That’s where the incumbent in this role thrives, ensuring all systems are secure, running smoothly, and updated regularly, providing support and maintenance of computer systems. He/she will work mainly within ERP Application Environments designs, codes, tests, debugs and corrects sections of code with singular or limited functionality (program modules) in ERP environments.
Working from a detailed specification under supervision, the incumbent will define and documents programme requirements, work within a strict framework of programming standards and apply Desktop and Main Frame Technologies. Delivering results with IT development language and types such as Agris and Syspro.
Job Title: Senior Program Developer: Paarl (GRA127)
Location: Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference: # GRA127
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
•Qualification in an industry-related field and/or a relevant Information Technology degree. Post-graduate qualification will be advantageous.
•At least 5 years’ experience in a related role
•SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
•Excellent administration skills
•Good networking skills
•Good problem-solving skills
•Good time management skills
•Strong computer literacy especially in MS applications, Agris and Syspro
•Good knowledge of IT principles, processes and procedures
•Solid understanding of programming protocols
•In-depth understanding of program sourcing and documentation requirements
•Able to maintain a multi-task focus
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
1.Strategy and IT research and implementation: 10%
• Study emerging trends in the information technology field and their potential ramifications for BKB.
• Continuously research and adopt new technologies, software, and hardware
•Introduce staff to new technology and its strategic importance.
2.Internal Systems – Business analysis and Software development: 65%
•Examine and evaluate current systems with a goal of optimization
•Design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new enhancements to enterprise systems
• Troubleshooting on internal systems.
• Analyse internal system requirements
•Work with service provider to implement standardized applications.
• Do business analysis of bespoke systems requirements.
• Analyse and document bespoke system requirements.
• Perform feasibility studies on systems development and implementation.
• Develop or manage the development of bespoke systems in .Net C# inline with and in conjunction with BKB ICT department.
• Manage testing and implementation of bespoke systems in conjunction with BKB ICT.
• Perform maintenance and change requests of implemented bespoke systems
•Solicit feedback from users to validate additional features and ensure application designs meet business requirement
3.Business Intelligence: 25%
• Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs within BKB.
• Build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables the identification and addressing of critical issues.
• Work closely with BKB personnel to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business
Unless a Recruitment Agency has been requested to assist with a specific assignment and a written agreement is signed between BKB Ltd and the Agency i.r.o this assignment, all CV’s uploaded onto our SkillsMap portal by an Agency will be deemed the property of BKB Ltd (inclusive of all our subsidiaries) and no agency fees will be payable should the candidate be placed.
Application Deadline: 05/01/2021