Posted on :
7 May, 2015
7 May, 2015
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking South Africa Pty. Ltd, one of the support companies in South Africa, is looking for an Area Manager in Cape Town to join its hotels team which currently consists of more than 4000 professionals based in more than 60 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in the hotel industry to lead and develop a well performing team in order to support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new hotels partners and optimizing the relationship with those already existing.
Based in the Cape Town office you will be responsible for a hotel team in the appointed region, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You will be reporting to the Regional Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviours and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
– Lead and develop a well performing team;
– Responsible for coverage of the appointed area within Africa;
– Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for hotel availability and supply within Africa;
– Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
– Analyse and identify existing areas;
– Support Booking.com BV in managing relationships for new hotel chains or for important hotels;
– Visit the important hotels;
– Implement promotions based on seasonality of the appointed area;
– Monitor progress and manage performance of the hotel team for the appointed area;
– Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV;
– Providing information support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on hotel availability and supply within France;
– Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with national groups to promote growth;
– HR tasks (reviews/appraisals, training, recruitment of new staff); lead by example, demonstrate exceptional coaching and leadership skills to develop team members to meet targets and improve their account management skills;
– You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
– 2-4 years of experience in a comparable management function;
– A minimum 4 years overall leadership experience;
– Excellent understanding of the hotel market;
– Fluent English speaker and writer;
– Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
– Business focused;
– Positive attitude;
– Bachelors/University degree;
– Driver’s license;
– Availability to travel.
How to Apply