Posted on :
10 Jul, 2014
10 Jul, 2014
Booking South Africa Pty. Ltd. is advertising a Senior Account Manager: Hotels position.
This position requires an English speaking candidate who will have primary responsibility for the South African market.
Its a full-time position based in Cape Town requiring extensive travel (up to 50%) by both candidates.
As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for the account management team in your market, managing and motivating people in your team. You will also be responsible for the account management of some of the hotels in the area. You will be required to create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You will advise hotels about information on the Booking.com website, and provide them the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com‘s system. You will be reporting to the Area Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
The core functions of the positions include but are not limited to:
– Managing a team of Account Managers: Hotels in South Africa and Indian Ocean markets;
– Direct account management for hotels within the South African and Indian Ocean markets, including visits to important hotels and full responsibility for area coverage;
– Providing support with regard to Booking.com BV’s strategy for hotel availability and supply within the South African and Indian Ocean markets;
– Promoting the Booking.com brand name and its online reservation services to hotels whilst acting as the liaison person for hotels to contact when they have queries or require support;
– Accompanying and training hotels on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates and availability system whilst supporting hotels with regards to Booking.com’s system;
– Organizing and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels
In order to be considered for the position you must be fluent in English.
You must have a background in and a thorough understanding of the hospitality industry combined with a relevant qualification in the hospitality field.
Your work experience must include a minimum of 2 -4+ years of relevant Account Management experience within the combined Hotel and e-travel industries and at least 1 -2 years in the field of Sales and Client Relationship Management.
You must be a pro-active, team player with a strong sense of responsibility, the ability to work independently and be quick and resourceful.
You must have excellent communication skills combined with strong analytical skills.
You will require a valid Driver’s License and you may be flexible to travel at least 50% of the time.
Only applicants who meet the minimum criteria outlined above are invited.
Applicants who do not receive a reply within 10 working days should consider their applications unsuccessful.