Posted on :
22 Mar, 2021
22 Mar, 2021
Our client the Botswana Housing Corporation is seeking a suitable candidate for a position within the organisation. Based at the BHC offices in Gaborone, the organisation seeks a visionary leader who will add value and drive the strategic and operational effectiveness of the organisation’s facilities management function.
Job Title: Head – Facilities Management
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Reference #: BHC HFM
Contract Type: Contract 4 Years
Salary: P 99.00 – 100.00 Monthly
To plan, organise, coordinate and promote business growth by leading, directing and managing business development activities that optimise provision of facility management services using cost effective outsourced maintenance services to meet customer satisfaction and expectations while promoting private sector growth and citizen economic empowerment.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
• Participate in formulating, execution, reviewing and updating of the BHC corporate strategy in accordance with stakeholder expectations
• Develop and guide the implementation of the outsourced maintenance strategy, processes and procedure
• Develop and set service level maintenance measures and standards for both reactive and proactive maintenance
• Develop the Corporation’s client cyclic maintenance programme
• Develop the Corporation’s property maintenance business development programme
• Drive the business development process through active lead generation mechanism and proactive engagement of current and potential clients
• Identify appropriate strategic partnerships to drive various property maintenance initiatives in Government and the private sector
• Drive, coordinate and plan for future maintenance of facilities in line with the Corporation’s strategic business objectives
• Develop and ensure the efficient implementation of quality assurance and inspection programme within regions in accordance with BHC’s maintenance strategies and procedures to ensure effective monitoring of service providers
• Drive the planning and implementation of the local programmes of maintenance quality assurance and inspection visits within regions in accordance with BHC preventative maintenance strategy and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with maintenance contractors.
• Ensure that maintenance contractors are familiar with the provisions of SLA
• Investigate instances on non-compliance with SLAs by service providers and take appropriate remedial action including but not limited to cancellation of Agreements
• Ensure appropriate evaluation of tenders for maintenance service contracts
• Implement communications plan with tenants and other regional and zonal stakeholders to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the maintenance services and processes
• Actively respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent customer facility management issues
• Strategically interact with customers, stakeholders and business partners to ensure excellent maintenance service delivery
• Drive the implementation of performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Maintenance, Construction Management or Estates Management or related fields.
• Professional Membership of a recognised related institute will be an added advantage
• A Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience in construction, property or estates management or related fields of which five (5) years should have been at management level.
• Experience in building construction, maintenance, facilities management and contract management will be an
Application Deadline: 04/04/2021