Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Refining & Marketing Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.
The LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Business Unit is part of the Refining and Marketing Segment within BP. It is a progressive, innovative and dynamic global business which comprises 1100 staff in 3 Performance Units covering 11 countries. We fill LPG in bottles at our filling plants across the world and sell these through our branded distributors as well as BP Retail sites. We also serve Bulk B2B and Aerosol Propellents segments directly.
Job title Depot Scheduler
Req ID 14177BR
Job category Planning
Countries (State/Region) South Africa
- Provide efficient daily organisation and scheduling of cylinder deliveries.
- Receipt, Collation, Logging of and allocation of customer orders.
- Assist and provide support as required to the Plant Manager and indirectly to the LPG Logistics Supervisor.
- Depot Scheduler is expected to stand in for the Plant Manager when the later is absent.
- Plan for future deliveries by accessing orders on the system and determining what full stock is on hand and what cylinder production is required to meet the orders.
- Co-ordinate and schedule cylinder deliveries so that distribution costs are minimised while ensuring agreed customer service levels are achieved.
- Prepare cylinder delivery documentation and assist with handling as required.
- Complete daily scheduling report for Plant Manager, Sales Managers LPG Logistics Supervisor sign-off. Distribute as per agreed list.
- Conduct pre-delivery briefing with drivers to ensure safe operations and conformance to the RRA.
- Reconcile deliveries, returned empties, payments and stocks as per agreed service levels.
- Check delivery notes and stock against the orders.
- De-brief drivers as required by Plant Manager/LPG Logistics Supervisor and measure conformance to and record issues relating to Fatigue Management, DSS, Constraints and any changes to the RRA.
- Bulk road and rail delivery fulfilment on the system.
- Raise advice notes, AGR’s, etc as necessary.
- Deal with customers on phone.
- Collate cylinder figures and tonnages daily, weekly and monthly.
- Collation of management information within the relevant data bases.
- Assist with reconciliation of credit and debit note data for empty cylinder movements nationally.
- Query invoices and stocks issues with CCC.
- Record keeping of Bank Lodgements & Petty Cash transactions.
- Co-ordinate expenses for depot staff for approval of Depot Manager.
- Co-ordinate ordering and delivery of PPE and uniform issue.
- General filing and admin duties.
- Participate in supervision and monitoring of staff performance and setting of targets.
- Engage in behaviours which demonstrate BP’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment as outlined in BP’s Code of Conduct.
- Supervision and monitoring of staff performance within the Cylinder Depot
- Assist with the coordination and log staff holidays with Depot manager and HR.
- To assist in the daily supervision of office staff with regard to performance, absence and holidays working within HR guidelines and accountabilities
Essential criteria & qualification:
Minimum: Matric with 1 year in Logistics and Operational environment
Preferable Tertiary qualifiation in Logistics or Operations Management or higher
Scheduling of vehicles: 1 year
Operations/Production: 1 year
LPG or Dangerous Goods: 1 year
Stock Control: 1 year
Using Computer Systems: 1 year
Finances: 6 months
Staff Management: 1 month
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Good communicator – able to communicate clearly and concisely on issues
- Good geographical understanding of the relevant delivery areas.
- Willing to challenge assumptions and drive continuous operational improvements.
- Knowledge of safe manual handling techniques.
- Knowledge of LPG properties and characteristics.
- Knowledge of tanker loading and unloading procedures
- Knowledge of Customer Care principles.
Relocation available No
Travel required negligible travel
Is this a part time position? No
How to apply:
Click on the link: http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9011247&contentId=7053220
Select “view jobs in Africa” then apply
This job expires on the 16th of September 2010