The Prime function of this role is to be accountable for and manage all transportation in the Primary Supply Chain for the Heidelberg factory.
Specifically the role holder is responsible for defining, providing, controlling and commercially managing all transportation.
The role holder will ensure that strategic Logistics business objectives are developed and the right logistics capabilities are provided to the customers and the factories. This will include the management of strategic outsource partner and delivering savings.as well as ensuring compliance with internal controls and statutory requirements.
- To be accountable for and manage all transportation for the Heidelberg factory network
- To have prime commercial and contractual ownership and control of the transport budget with all suppliers to enable the delivery of sustainable financial benefits.
- To provide tactical direction to the transport suppliers to enable the delivery of significant savings in transport spend
- To obtain service standardization and network synergies across an end-to-end transport solution.
- To design and drive an efficient and effective customer delivery scheme by having optimal balance of customer service and transport costs in place.
- To drive and own key change and integration initiatives in transportation to deliver integrated and cost effective transport solutions across and within the Southern Africa Area network.
- To contribute to the development of the end-to-end Supply Chain strategy for Logistics in SAA by driving Logistics integration of suppliers, contracts, performance and processes.
- To ensure standardised supplier metrics such as OTIF (On Time In Full, transport cost per mille) and appropriate behaviours in SAA to obtain unified performance measures and consistent high level of service.
- To ensure 3PL OTIF Management (ATC & ETD) excluding Customs House Brokerage.
- Share best practices across the Regional and Local Logistics communities and engage closely with Finance, Security, etc.
- To fully understand TM&D’s (Secondary Supply Chain) business requirements and translate this into required Logistics capabilities as potential integration with secondary approaches.
- Participate in regular Logistics reviews and tendering processes for the Area to improve the Logistics network and cost base. Drive projects and continuous improvement initiatives to achieve and report Logistics cost savings.
- To drive all transport suppliers towards high performance levels, delivering and exceeding the (mutually agreed) performance expectations and financials targets by engaging with the suppliers and relevant key stakeholders in SAA Operations.
- Drive projects from initiation to completion.
- To ensure that the appropriate level of insurance is in place for all WMS and leaf ‘goods in transit’ and that all claims (including GLP) are processed effectively.
- Monitor and report performance of the 3PL providers and use the information for benchmarking the logistics process against the best and other OPCO’s to improve performance
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Grade 12 with a relevant tertiary qualification plus 5-8 years’ experience managing & developing Logistics networks.
- At least 3 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- High level of Supply Chain knowledge.
- Logistics and especially transport functional expertise is a key success factor for this role
- Strategic & analytical thinking skills
In addition the following is required:
- Proven business change management and implementation experience.
- Continuous improvement background and skill set.
- Practical outlook with pragmatic decision making abilities.
- Experience in supplier / 3rd party / outsourced Logistics solution management.
- Experience in contract development, defining SLAs, processes, procedures and KPIs.
- Strong leadership skills and cultural awareness
- Credibility and management experience and flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels.
- Customer engagement and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and assertiveness and communication skills.
- Energize team members to generate high performance levels
- Good people skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good planning skills
- Decision making
British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
Click here to apply online
Closing date: 12 August, 2014