Posted on :
19 Aug, 2016
19 Aug, 2016
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
Are you interested in working with the space sector to bring real benefits to society? The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) could be the shuttle for your career-success. SANSA is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Technology (DST)
SANSA invites prospective students to apply for their bursaries to study in the 2017 academic year. This opportunity is for individuals who are achievement driven, passionate and who are ready to accept new and greater challenges.
Which studies related to Space do we offer financial support to?
• Antarctic radar studies of climate change (PhD/post-doctoral)
• Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
• Earth Systems Sciences with Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
• Geomagnetically induced currents in power systems (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhDGeospatial Programmers (Hons/MSc/PhD)
• Data scientist
• Multi scale ionospheric physics, structures and dynamics (Hons, MSc or PhD)
• Physics of space weather (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
• Space Weather models for aviation and military communications (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
• Software and Software Systems Engineering
• Aeronautical -, Aerospace -, Electrical -, Electronic -, Mechanical Engineering
• Space -, Systems -, Antenna – and RF Systems Engineering
…..and fields of your choice related to key SANSA objectives
• Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from previous degree
• Be a South African citizen (preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals)
• Planning to enrol for Honours, Masters/MTech and DTech/ PhD
• Meet the minimum entry level requirements for acceptance to a South African University at the level for which the bursary is required.
• Identify the general research area of their interest (specific projects will be tailored to each student)
• Honors R50,000.00
• Masters R98,000.00
• Doctoral R120,000.00
Bursary amounts are subject to change
Required supporting documents
• Certified copy of your June 2016 results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written) and project titles are compulsory for the application.
• Certified copy of certificate and/ results of last degree obtained, if not registered 2016
• Certified copy of your South African ID or other form of identification.
• Research proposal if MSc or PhD application (This does not have to be already approved by a University).
• Testimonial (Please download Testimonial template from Bursaries menu)
How to Apply
GO HERE to view post