Our Client is a leading digital production agency, working with both South African and International client accounts. We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful Business Analyst to join our team.
You will work closely with the development, creative and project management teams. The Operations Director will oversee your work to ensure the quality and fulfilment of Our Client’s products and services. As Business Analyst, you will analyse client project requirements; assist with providing costings and solutions that match these requirements; make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness and project workflows; and research Our Client’s incubated products and services. You will be the solution expert for your key projects, assisting creative designers with the solution proposition; assisting project managers and the client to understand the scoped solutions for key projects.
It is essential that you understand ‘The Internet of Things’ including technologies and terminologies, as well as the workflow of a typical digital project lifecycle. You will have experience in creating various types of documentation including, project proposals/cost estimates; statement of works (SOW’s); wireframes; functional specification documents (FSD’s).
- Proposals & Cost Estimates – assist the Sales Process by scoping the initial client requirements to provide accurate cost estimates and detailed proposal documentation
- Business Requirements Planning – one of your most important responsibilities is to ensure that every project Our Client delivery is properly planned, scoped and the right solution proposed based on various factors including client requirements and budget. Business requirements are normally captured in a Statement of Works (SOW) document.
- Functional Planning – this includes interpreting the SOW and business rules / requirements and helping to formulate the right solution for the project. This can be done by analysing client analytics metrics, as well as discussions with various key stakeholders, including the client stakeholders; client target audience (where possible); development team; project managers; and our designers.
- Wireframing – creating interactive wireframes (Axure and/or Balsamiq) to be used as the foundation for the creative UX design process. Work with designers to solve any complex UX decisions for the solution you’re planning.
- Functional Specifications (FSD) – along with wireframing, creating FSD’s will form the bulk of the role. Once the solution and wireframes have been defined it is your role to complete and maintain a FSD, which outlines the functional solution, user stories, and business rules/logic in a document which the development team will follow and the client will sign-off. This document becomes the foundation for the QA Test team to base their test cases and manual testing thereof.
- Testing / QA – there will be some QA testing involvement, as you will oversee the tested solutions and highlight bugs where the solution does not match your FSD.
- Risk management – When business conditions change or new features requested by Project Managers may affect scope, you need to revaluate how it could impact the project and provide cost estimates based on the new requirements
- Documentation – produce quality documentations of a consistently high standard, that can be shared with clients and which clients find easy to understand.
- R&D – keep abreast of the latest technologies, best practices and standards. Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with the team. It’s important that you understand the capabilities of the various CMS platforms we work with, to ensure that you are able to recommend the right platform solution to client project and upsell new functionality and/or opportunities based on what the CMS capabilities can offer.
- A good knowledge of the terminology and technical aspects related to internet technologies. Ideally (but not mandatory), you need to understand what most of the following terms mean and in what context to use them: Content Management Systems (CMS); Databases; ASP.Net; PHP; HTML; jQuery; AJAX; SQL Server; Flash; Mobile platforms; API’s; SEO; and Website Hosting
- Using project management tools like Redmine (would be advantageous).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & MS Project – are essential
- Understanding of CMS products like Umbraco (very advantageous); Episerver; Sitecore; WordPress; Drupal
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to comfortably multitask
- Good numeric and analytical skills
- Organized / attention to detail oriented
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- A passion for the online industry a true digital enthusiast!