Posted on :
17 Jun, 2014
17 Jun, 2014
Alexander forbes seeks a Business Analyst to identify business opportunities & introduce new projects, innovations that will significantly and positively impact the respective area/ project/ initiative while maintaining and ensuring that business application systems are based on sustainable and supportable technology.
Job Title:Business Analyst
To identify business opportunities & introduce new projects, innovations that will significantly and positively impact the respective area/ project/ initiative while maintaining and ensuring that business application systems are based on sustainable and supportable technology and to translate business specifications into effective and efficient operational systems.
• BCom advantageous or equivalent (BA related studies)
• Computer literacy in MS office.
• Modelling tools (Visio, Enterprise Architect, Mindjet)
• Modelling languages (UML, BPMN)
• 5 years Business Analyst experience.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
Business Analysis Planning
• Conduct Stakeholder Analysis
• Plan Business Analysis Activities
• Plan Business Analysis Communication
• Plan Requirements Management process
• Plan monitor and report on Business Analysis performance
• Identify and propose projects that meet strategic needs and goals.
• Identify Business need
• Determine solution approach
• Define solution scope
• Develop the Business case
• Explore, identify and document stakeholder needs
• Prepare Elicitations
• Conduct Elicitation
• Document Elicitation results
• Confirm Elicitation
• Progressively elaborate stated requirements to sufficient level of detail that accurately defines the business need within specified scope
• Validate requirements meet the business need
• Verify requirements are acceptable quality
• Organise requirements
• Prioritise requirements
• Specify and model requirements
• Determine assumptions and constraints
• Verify requirements
• Validate requirements
Solution Assessment and Validation
• Assess solutions to ensure that strategic goals are met and requirements are satisfied.
• Assess requirements coverage
• Determine Organisational readiness
• Validate solution
• Evaluate Solution
Requirements Management and Communication
• Recognize that communication takes places throughout all knowledge areas and is important for managing requirements
• Manage the approved solution and requirements scope
• Ensure stakeholders have access to business analysis work products
• Analytical Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving
• Negotiating skills
• Adapting and Responding to Change
• Ethical Behaviour/Honesty/Transparency/Modelling of Values
• Results & Solution Focused (Drive, Energy & Follow Through)
• Building effective relationships with clients to develop joint vision for the project.
• Able to collaborate well with client representatives, domain experts, managers, and architects
• Assisting the project manager by managing client expectations through careful and proactive communications regarding requirements and changes.
• Conflict management
• A practical understanding of the theory, practice, and tools of Business Analysis
• Knowledge and experience in Requirements Analysis techniques such as use case modelling and Business process modelling.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills that can be used to clarify and effectively specify requirements (including active listening skills)
• Able to think abstractly and work at high-levels of abstraction (i.e., able to work with requirements without being drawn into the details of design and implementation decisions).
• Able to successfully manage the multiple concurrent issues, ambiguities, and contradictions that typically occur during business analysis.
• Able to collaborate well with client representatives, domain experts, managers, and architects.
• Self managing
• Self starter
• Share knowledge and experience with colleagues