A Business Development Manager with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will execute and evaluate a plan to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing to drive new and expand existing revenue opportunities.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brandﾒs reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itﾒs with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Business Development Manager, you are responsible for the execution and evaluation of a plan to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing efforts. The Business Development Manager will prepare reports for senior management, assist in the recruitment and development of the GCE Sales & Reservations Team, and interact frequently with Guests and Corporate customers. Specifically, a Business Development Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Evaluate hotel market mix and revenue forecasts
- Review and analyse, in a proactive manner, rate & inventory management and strategy effectiveness
- Lead effective efforts to coordinate strategies for group sales and to optimise conversion
- Provide guidance for local marketing initiatives
- Communicate Revenue Management Standards and best practices
- Develops short, medium and long-term strategies for hotels through the ﾓCommercial Focusﾔ matrix and provide consultative support to other commercial support functions
- Make recommendations to take full advantage of revenue opportunities
- Train team members to understand key selling strategies and revenue management, including new tools, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) tracking
- Coach and develop the hotel-based Business Development team, through objectives setting, personal development and succession plans
- Prepare, analyse and write reports to outline business progress and opportunities
- Assist with the account diagnostics process and validate conclusions for negotiated business and on-line sales strategies
- Evaluate market demand by utilising available reports — both internal and external, including market share, market conditions, competitive pricing
- Generate periodic updates on transient booking patterns
- Assist in the recruiting, managing, training and developing of the Business Development team
What are we looking for?
A Business Development Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate, verbal and in written form, effectively with Management and Ownership groups
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a full understanding of professional ethics, decorum and social skills required for extensive interaction with customers, investment owners and business partners.
- Ability to perform critical analysis
- Strong experience in hospitality forecasting, pricing and inventory control
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with the Business Development or Sales function
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Relevant degree from an academic institution
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Job ID: BUS013FV
Location Name: Hilton Durban
Location Address: 12-14 Walnut Road, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Full/Part Time: Full-time