Business Development Manager Vacancies
- To ensure that the overall strategy, processes and business plan for the Mining & Minerals Business within the SABS Regions is implemented for both in-house and outsourced work and priorities.
Key Performance Areas:
Develop and grow SABS Mining and Minerals Services in relevant sectors:
- Develop, deploy and monitor strategies to maintain client relationships
- Conduct key Account and new business development client visits.
- Conduct promotional visits to potential and existing clients.
- Ensure that targets that have been set are met and exceeded.
- Completion and submission of monthly and quarterly reports within sphere of control.
- Set, Manage and Maintain the budget within scope of control.
- Recruitment and retention of key talent (and other critical human resources management processes).
- Management of performance of all direct reports within scope of control.
- Value and inculcate a culture that embraces diversity.
Management of numerous projects within scope of control:
- Compilation of all necessary documentation as it relates to the projects.
- Conduct market, technical and analytical research for clients as it relates to best practice both locally, nationally and internationally (when required).
- Provide regular reporting and feedback mechanisms to all stakeholders on the progress as it related to projects.
- Ensuring that all projects within scope of control are appropriately managed as per client and stakeholder requirements.
Development and implementation of the strategy for the Mining & Minerals Division within scope of control:
- Ensuring that strategies are in place for the training and development of the team within the scope of control.
- Contribute towards the development of a strategy for the Mining & Minerals Division and alignment of this strategy to the plan for the overall sector.
- Progress on achievement of strategic objectives are reported on a monthly / quarterly basis.
- Corrective actions are taken so as to ensure that the strategic objectives are met and adhered to.
- Proactive management of all direct reports in order to ensure that the strategic objectives for the Department is met.
- Balanced Scorecard measures for area of accountability are reported on and reviewed to ensure strategic objectives for Operational, Financial, Productivity and Quality Performance are met.
Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a view to growing the business:
- Assist in building relationships with government officials at a provincial and local level by understanding the players who influence business decisions.
- Actively build a relationship with Line of business internally so as to ensure that the channels of communication are open.
- Ensure that relationships are effectively maintained through networking and regular interaction (Ongoing familiarization with the SA organizations involved in innovation, research & development and commercialization through attendance of conferences, training etc.)
- Ensure effective management of Service Level Agreement with the Commercial clusters.
- Attendance of stakeholder related meetings on behalf of the SABS and Department.
- Attendance and chairing of meetings and other initiatives as is relevant to the SABS and area of accountability.
Maintenance and management of all existing and new accreditations within scope of control:
- Analyze and monitor adherence to best practice.
- Contribution towards the creation of new accreditations within scope of control.
- Subject matter expertise provided to the organization regarding the status of all existing and new accreditations within scope of control.
- Provision of recommendations regarding the status of accreditations within scope of control.
Provision of ongoing market intelligence so as to ensure that the SABS Mining & Minerals develops products and services in line with current and future needs:
- Ensure end to end partnership relationships, customer retention and business and market growth.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence for the central database through the analysis of competitor trends and other data gathering exercises.
- Initiate feasibility studies and keep abreast of current and potential changes in the market.
Ensure that one’s own performance in the team is optimized:
- Participate in the Mining & Minerals team as a team member.
- Ensuring that one’s own performance within the team contributes towards the overall success of the team.
- Contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Ensuring that one is able to seek guidance and mentorship from more experienced team members where necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum B. Degree or any sales related qualification
- 5 years related experience in a sales and customer management environment within a Mining & Minerals Industry
- In-depth knowledge of relevant Standards in the Mining Industry as well as Testing Methods etc.
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite including Access, Internet and other related programs)
- Own car and willing to travel
- Driver’s License
- Leadership Competencies
- Knowledge of System and Product Certification Requirements
- Knowledge of Business Principles
- A high level of Proficiency in spoken and written English
Conveys information, thoughts, and opinions by writing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience. Listens carefully and attentively, and clarifies and confirms the understanding of others’ messages. Demonstrates an understanding of the implicit (emotional) message as well as the explicit message of any communication.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
Plans tasks and projects and defines the resources needed for achievement of deliverables. Anticipates potential problems and develops contingency plans to avoid them.
Personally does what is required to complete the work. Demonstrates persistence in the face of setbacks. Consistently delivers high quality results on time.
Works collaboratively with customers to determine their needs and identify appropriate solutions. Ensures that customers and decision makers are influenced.
Frequently initiates and pursues professional relationships. Works well with others in achieving goals and building productive relationships.
Considers the impact of decisions/actions beyond the boundaries of own organization/team. Influences key people to support the achievement of team and line of business goals. Builds networks of contacts that can help in attaining goals.
SABS is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity targets to be achieved as per the SABS EE Plan. Preference will therefore be given to Coloured Males and Females, Indian Males & Females, White Males & Females as well as Persons with Disabilities.
Applications accepted until: 05th of Jul, 2013
Advert Code: SABS10021
How to Apply for Business Development Manager Vacancies