Purpose: The main purpose of this position/job is to populate and keep the Universitys Space database up to date to always reflect current information
- Audit all buildings to ensure that all floor plans reflected in the drawing database are correct and of as built status
- Create polylines for gross floor areas and internal spaces (rooms).
- Capturing of information relating to space into the Archibus database system.
- Convert floor plans using CAD and Archibus.
- File and categorize all hard copies of plans received.
- Assist in validating the integrity of information contained in the conversion process from Drawbase database to Archibus database.
- Assist in formatting statistics into acceptable formats for purposes of reporting to the University Space Allocation Committee
- Assist with the updating of drawings to reflect changesconversions to space owned by the University
- Liaise constantly with the Planning Office Draughts person regarding projects that are underway.
- Produce sketch plansdrawings of space to be altered as per the clients requirements in CAD
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Director: Venue & Space Management manages special projects as delegated by the Deputy Director as and when required.
- Setting up and maintaining an adequate and functional filing system of records relating to occupancy of space.
Requirements and Attributes:
· Matric with and Architectural Certificate, or equivalent.
· Minimum of two years experience within a similar role
· Proficient with AutoCAD, ARCHIBUS, WEBCENTRAL, VALPAC, MS Office, Drawbase, Power Point, and ICAM
· Hands-On understanding of AutoCAD particularly as it is applied in integrated ARCHIBUS and areas of best practice document control process and standards.
· Good judgment and can make decisions
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
· Strong attention to detail and quality
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, take ownership of requests, prioritize and meet deadlines
· Good problem solving skills