Job Name: Manager: Call Centre
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (3yrs) / Advanced Diploma
Location: Assupol Life Head Office – Pretoria, GT ZA (Primary)
Effective Date of Appointment: 1/10/2013
Job Type: Permanent
To lead and manage the Assupol Call Centre both tactically and strategically and provide direction and in doing so improve customer satisfaction and sales.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Call Centre through the effective briefing and ongoing communication to Supervisors/Team Leaders
- Monitor the quality of service to customers as determined by the QA Division ensuring that this is maintained throughout the duration of the customers’ contact on line with the Assupol Life Call Centre.
- Ensure revenue and sales targets are driven and met.
- Develop and implement appropriate tactical and operational strategies to achieve strategic targets and stakeholder expectations and continuously meet the future needs of the Assupol Life Call Centre.
- Review the industry and business environment on a continuous basis to identify, recommend and implement strategic opportunities, areas for synergy and alternative delivery approaches that presents improved profitability, increased value for money and improved service levels within Assupol Life.
- Implement and maintain performance metrics and statistics to ascertain the overall performance of the Call Centre and take corrective action where required.
- Embed Formal performance development and informal coaching to develop performance.
- Determine and analyse development needs and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
- Continuously review the achievement of the business unit against industry standards, norms, client expectations and stakeholder expectations, take corrective action and implement new ways of working.
- Engage internal stakeholders and the insurance industry to understand and align to strategic imperatives and changes
- Ensure that the team understands the channel service priorities and subsequent demands on the Operational Area. Foster collaborative working relationships at all levels within the Team.
- Establish and embed appropriate governance structure to support ongoing communication, efficient escalation process, close relationships and clear decision making between the different entities to ensure the Team is a preferred provider of operational services.
- Install a culture of operational discipline and excellence across the unit.
- Identify operational inefficiencies and implement appropriate strategies to address the challenges.
- Effectively manage the transformation of the Call Centre against strategic areas of the company and the related operational, financial and people risks during organisational change.
- Ensure an appropriate skilled and competent leadership team to drive appropriate values, compliance and delivery within the Call Centre.
- Monitor overtime and ensure that it’s kept to a minimum.
- Initiate Disciplinary process when required with support from HR.
- Motivate and ensure recognition of team members efforts
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off invoices and quotes within mandate
- Provide all information required by auditors during audits.
- Complete required compliance requirements
- Log all Risk and Loss events from errors or fraud and ensure that they thoroughly investigated or escalated as per policy.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Manage escalated (internal and external) queries and ensure that they are resolved.
- Determine and analyse trends related to product spread per client or per Agent
- Review and provide input on new products introduced
- Compile reports for Stratco
Bcom degree in management or relevant
Registration as a Key Individual
- 60 or 120 credits on NQF Level 5 (Wealth Management) (Depending of Date of Appointment in the Industry)
- Regulatory Examination Level 1: Representatives
- Regulatory Examination Level 1: Key Individuals
8 years’ experience in a call centre environment
5 years’ experience in a Life Insurance industry
5 years’ experience in a senior management role
FAIS, FICA, TCF, LTIA
· Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
· Formulating strategies and concepts
· Delivering results and meeting customers’ expectations
· Leading and Supervising
· Deciding and initiating action
· Coping with pressures and setbacks
· Persuading and influencing
· Planning and organising
How to Apply
Click on the Apply Now button at the end of this page to apply online