Cape Mental Health, a nonprofit organisation that offers a comprehensive mental health service in the Western Cape.
Job Title: Special Education and Care Programme Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
Report to: The Deputy Director responsible for SECCs
This is a one year contract
The purpose of the position is to manage the organisations’ three Special Education and Care Centres (SECCs) for children and adults with severe and profound intellectual disabilities.
- Overall management of the SECC Programme for children/adults with severe and profound intellectual disabilities at three day centres in Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain and Heideveld
- Financial management including (but not limited to) preparing budgets and monitoring income and expenditure
- Human Resource Management including (but not limited to) training, capacity building, recruitment/appointment and discipline
- Asset and vehicle management
- Ensure contractual deliverables are met and liaison with and reporting to Provincial Government Departments and others as required
- A degree in Occupational Therapy / Social Sciences / Management
- Registration with the HPCSA or relevant professional body as required
- Minimum three years’ management and HR management experience
- Valid Code 8 manual driver’s licence
- Verbal and writing skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in English and one other Western Cape official language
- Experience in working with persons with severe and profound intellectual disabilities
- Experience in managing a facility or centre
To apply, submit a motivational letter and an updated two page CV with contactable referees to [email protected] or deliver to Santie Terreblanche, Cape Mental Health, 22 Ivy Street Observatory Cape Town 7925
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2018