Cape Mental Health is a non-profit organisation that offers comprehensive and proactive mental health services in the Western Cape. One of its programmes, the Rainbow PSR Groups, offers community-based psychosocial rehabilitation and support to adults with psychiatric /psychosocial disabilities in the form of 26 weekly support groups.
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: South Africa
Employment type: Contract Position for 1 year
- The Mechanic is responsible for the repairs and servicing of approximately 30 light and medium size vehicles of Cape Mental Health.
- Plan and initiate regular preventative maintenance of the fleet to circumvent costly break-downs
- Set up network of costs effective and high quality automotive parts procurement links to ensure parts availability at short notice to minimize vehicle downtime
- Prioritize breakdown repairs as directed by the Administration Manager in support of all projects
- Flexible availability to accommodate urgent breakdowns
- Be able to work independently
- A trade tested Petrol / Diesel Mechanic
- At least 10 years’ experience in vehicle mechanical repairs and servicing
- Be able to repair and service fleet that consists of petrol and diesel cars such as TATA’s, Nissan’s, Toyota and 22 seaters such as Mercedes brands.
- Output and quality driven with creative ideas on how to save costs.
- Ability to do root cause problem solving to eliminate future repairs
- Experience to set up and maintain a regular vehicle preventative maintenance system to minimize costly repairs.
- Honesty & Integrity
- Accommodating and supportive
- Valid driver’s licence in support of above mentioned vehicles.
- Speak English and 1 other official SA language
Please submit your CV with contactable references to: Willemien Buys Administration Department Phone 021-447 9040 email: [email protected] Or deliver to Cape Mental Health Head Office, 22 Ivy Road, Observatory Cape Town.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 17 October, 2019