CAPRISA was created in 2001 and formally established in 2002 under the NIH-funded Comprehensive International Program of Research on AIDS (CIPRA) by five partner institutions; University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Cape Town, University of Western Cape, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, and Columbia University in New York. CAPRISA is a designated UNAIDS Collaborating Centre for HIV Prevention Research.
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: eThekwini Research site in Durban
Employment Type: 2 year fixed-term contract
- At least 2 years of research experience,
- Preferably in a data management/information role, with an understanding of HIV research.
- Grade 12, with a tertiary qualification in Health Sciences an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy essential,
- With demonstrated experience with iDatafax,
- iMedidata Rave or other Clinical Trial software.
- Responsible for the review and verification of all source data to ensure the completeness, accuracy and consistency of source data.
- Ensure data corrections are completed according to GCP guidelines and reviews are completed based on study protocols / SOP’s and within study specific timelines.
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Attention to detail, with strong analytical ability;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision and fit in well within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For more about CAPRISA, refer to https://www.caprisa.org/