Founded in 1980 by entrepreneurs Terry Moolman and Noel Coburn, Caxton & CTP Publishers, Printers and Distributors are a major participant in the South African print media industry.
We are involved in publishing a number of regional community newspapers, The Citizen daily newspaper and 13 major magazines, as well as commercial printing, packaging, stationery manufacture and book printing.
Caxton and CTP Publishers and Printers Limited is recognised as one of the largest publishers and printers of books, magazines, newspapers and commercial print in South Africa.
We are involved in various fields of publishing and printing i.e. newspapers, magazines, commercial print, book printing, stationery, packaging and labels, as well as manufacturing ink for web presses. Approximately 5 500 people are employed by the group.
Caxton Magazines seeks a designer intern to perform duties as detailed hereunder.
Key performance areas:
- Create and design page layout using magazine style guide in relevant design programmes.
- Ability to capture the ethos of the magazine in its design and all related brand activity.
- Produce professionally designed and presented documents.
- Amend layouts, select fonts and integrate with graphics.
- Ensure text and images are ready for design as well as to manipulate images for print and digital formats.
- Create final PDFs for print digital formats.
- Retouching and converting work to appropriate format and colour.
- Update websites and assist with managing social accounts.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design.
- Must have design and graphic skills.
- Must have practical marketing training.
- Must be able to use Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other DTP programs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to apply basic sale techniques and marketing techniques.
- Ability to determine customer needs within area of responsibility.
- Ability to identify market which is served by each product.
Should the above appeal to you, then kindly submit your CV together with a portfolio to Zainab Mohamed: [email protected]