The role of this position is to coordinate and implement monitoring and Evaluation and Quality Improvement activities in the 2 sub-districts of City of Johannesburg (COJ) and also ensure that all Community Responses programmatic data management and reporting requirements for Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) are maintained.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation/Quality Improvement Officer
Job Location: Johannesburg
Reports to: Gauteng Provincial Program Manager
- Develop or adapt QI tools and registers necessary for implementation of quality intervention
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders in conducting comprehensive quality improvement during CR intervention
- Document and analyse factors contributing to quality gaps identified through continuous quality improvement processes and outline corrective action plans.
- Promote and facilitate information sharing of persistent quality barriers and best practices to accelerate learning and program improvement
- Regularly summarize and report activities, outcomes, and challenges to stakeholders including Program Manager
- Routinely analyse quality data implementation data, interpret and summarize trends in quality gaps and corrective actions
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of quality management activities
- Obtain, evaluate, and interpret data in order to prepare clear and precise reports on quality management
- Monitor the systematic data collection and analysis of program indicators
- Coordinate internal Routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) sessions and ensure that findings are shared with the program team
- Ensure Implementation of CR programmes data management adheres to the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Work with Data Capturers to ensure that all the program data are captured accurately into Salesforce
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly program report with reference to Quality Improvement and Monitoring and Evaluation activities including data reporting and success stories
- Provide ongoing capacity building to staff members on Data Management Principles and Quality Improvement processes
- Minimum of Bachelor (Honours) degree in Health and social Sciences or in a relevant field, clinical and/or nursing degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting large health funded projects in areas such as: HIV/AIDS, reproductive, maternal, new born, child and adolescent health and nutrition; health systems strengthening; individual and/or institutional capacity building; health and strategic information
- Demonstrated experience in both quality improvement approaches and monitoring and evaluations
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for system strengthening/capacity building and service delivery strengthening
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point MS Office software required
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity of CBOs including coaching and mentoring
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker and ability to assimilate information fast.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative and take ownership of his/her tasks.
- Able to generate and adapt creative ideas and solutions to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, giving attention to detail and maintaining a high standard of professionalism;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Communication skills in other South African languages will be an advantage.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to Tebogo Makgoka, ([email protected]).
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 4 June, 2019