Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement. CCI seeks to employ a Chief Operations Officer who will be based in Pretoria.
Job Title: Consultant – Strategic Communications
Location: South Africa
The position will support the community cesponses strategic communication team in implementing strategic communication programmatic activities.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong communication, copywriting background and solid conceptual skill who will be able to review work and offer clear guidance and feedback to shape and nurture concept and convert them into impactful work for our campaigns.
Successful candidate will be exposed to:
1. Development of Communication Strategy
- Provide expert guidance in the interpretation of research to inform the development of communication strategies and SBCC interventions.
- Participating in brainstorms & ideation activities to conceptualise campaigns.
- Provide technical guidance in design thinking workshops and content development for different media platforms.
- Conceptual Copywriting
- Interpret briefs and compose a variety of striking content for BTL and TTL for Brothers for Life and Community Responses.
- Producing original, clear and credible ideas/campaign messaging for various media formats and platforms.
- Make use of research, insights and analytics to improve the quality and relevance of content and campaigns.
- Develop clear communication directions and bringing creative concepts to life through copy.
- Solid knowledge/understanding of digital platforms in conjunction with traditional channels
Design and Branding:
- Developing and maintaining brand copy standards, offering mentoring and coaching to colleagues and junior staff.
- Quality control on all copy deliverables and ensuring the highest creative standards are met.
- Typesetting and implementing designs for IEC materials, newsletters, presentations annual presence branding and other corporate communications.
- Proofreading and editing to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Five+ years of work experience on strategic communication
- Five+ years of work experience as a conceptual copywriter/creative copywriter
- A postgraduate qualification in creative writing, journalism, marketing, English, or similarly related field
- Strong portfolio of past work
- Good understanding of all marketing and communication functions
- Know the importance of brand awareness and thought leadership
- Understanding of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, other) is crucial
- Excellent team member with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge over various forms of marketing related writing (i.e. ATL, BTL, direct, social, etc) as well as scriptwriting.
- Experience in working with (at least some of) the following: illustration, infographics, newsletters, character animation, motion graphics, poster campaigns
- Generate ideas, develop concepts and campaigns based on briefs.
- Conceptualise, storyboard and present ideas both internally and to donors.
- Maintain high standards of execution and attention to detail.
- Be in the know, you should always be aware of the latest consumer and digital trends.
- Collaborating well with your team and other departments is a given.
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to Tebogo Makgoka, ([email protected]).
Application Deadline: Friday, 27th December 2019, 5pm. If you do not hear from us after 1 month kindly, consider your application unsuccessful.