Centre for Communications Impact (CCI) is a non-profit organisation that aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans.
CCI uses a strategic evidence based communication approach which includes dynamic mass media and interpersonal communication initiatives.
Our communication strategies are designed to support the South African National Strategic Plan 2017 – 2022 on HIV and STIs.
Job Title: Communications Intern
Location: South Africa
Purpose of the Job:
- point of contact across various social media platforms responsible for management, content, queries and reporting on communities on various social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Website.
The successful candidate will be exposed to:
- Online content for the website
- Planning digital editorial content calendar.
- Brainstorming and producing content that is fresh, relevant and on-trend for the digital readership.
- Managing social media for the brand and maintaining the numbers on the various platforms.
- Driving audience numbers on the digital platform.
- Keeping up to date with digital trends in order to keep the website vibrant.
- Social media monitoring and reporting
- Scheduling social media content
- Engaging across multiple platforms on social media
- Complete Ad-hoc duties required by the communications team such as ad-hoc posts, creating social media copy and supporting partners on social media management.
- Live event social media coverage
- Tertiary qualification in media studies/or journalism with a strong interest in the digital sphere, specifically social media.
- Should be familiar with WordPress, trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest).
- Demonstrable experience of Adobe, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and organisational skills.
- Proactive and self-disciplined with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Able to work accurately under deadline pressure and willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Work experience in the media industry is an advantage.
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to Tebogo Makgoka, ([email protected]).
Application Deadline: COB Thursday 14 November 2019