Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks a M&E and Information Systems Officer for the USAID VukaNow project in Southern Africa. This four-year program aims to support the shared commitments of the U.S. Government (USG), the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), member states, private sector partners, and civil society to dramatically decrease wildlife crime across Southern Africa.
VukaNow works alongside other USAID-funded organizations who implement activities focused on combatting wildlife crime (CWC) in targeted landscapes across Southern Africa. VukaNow supports these organizations, known as landscape partners, as well as other governmental and non-governmental actors working on CWC through the following specific objectives:
- Catalyze learning and sharing for improved results to combat wildlife crime
- Increase collaborative action to reduce wildlife crime in targeted areas. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Job Title: M&E and Information Systems Officer
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
The role of the M&E and Information Systems Officer is to collect, manage, and analyse data related to successful completion of the VukaNow contract and to support VukaNow management in the execution of the learning and sharing objectives. In addition, the Officer provides input to the design of M&E tools, as well as information systems (both internal and external) that enable improved access and use of relevant information for CWC. Specifically, the M&E and Information Systems Officer:
- Oversees the development of tools and procedures to collect performance indicator data required under the VukaNow Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP);
- Regularly reviews quality of data being collected and update tools and procedures and necessary to ensure consistent-high quality data;
- Updates and revises the AMELP on annual basis;
- Provides M&E technical assistance and capacity building to landscape partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders (i.e. SADC, TFCA Secretariats);
- Collaborate with landscape partners to identify outcomes and trends in wildlife crime across landscapes;
- Works closely with the Learning Advisor to promote data-led collaborative action, adaption, and learning;
- Manages the VukaNow indicator data including maintaining the indicator database (DevResults) and reporting results to USAID in the DIS and TraiNet tools.
- Develops research questions and works with firms, university partners, or other research-focused organizations to complete research relevant to VukaNow and landscape partner learning objectives;
- Supports the Communications Officer in development of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports via preparation of the indicator performance tables, and drafting relevant content for reports;
- Reviews grants for alignment to VukaNow objectives and indicators, supports grantees in ensuring proper collection and reporting of M&E data
- Supervises short term consultants as needed ensuring that deliverable s
- Identifies and liaises with information technology firms/consultants to identify innovative technology and tools to be used by stakeholders to enhance efforts to combat wildlife crime.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as social science research, natural science such as biology or public health. Master’s preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in with at least 5 years of progressive responsibility in M&E including drafting of M&E plans, development, tracking, and analysis of key performance metrics/indicators for international development programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in building M&E capacity of staff, partners, sub-grantees, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in applying adaptive management principles
- Demonstrated experience in successfully collaborating in multi-cultural, multi-stakeholder environment to achieve a common goal(s);
- Background in working with management information systems
- Strong knowledge of tools for M&E including:
- MS Office applications,
- Statistical analysis tools/visualization tools such i.e. SPSS, STATA, PowerBI, Tableau, and/or Google Data Studio
- Experience with electronic data collection tools such as Open Data Kit (or equivalent) desired
- Knowledge of GIS tools (ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth) a plus
Apply online https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/8bc905f5b86c4828a781608b5372600d . This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Applications Deadline: 20th March 2020