Location: Milnerton, Cape Town
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Graduate Intern – TSD located in Milnerton, South Africa through October 16, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical plant support to operations and maintenance in Petro-Chemical environment
- Investigates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems on mechanical equipment and systems and develop and implement solutions
- Perform engineering calculations (Pipe stress, fitness for service, pressure vessel design, etc.)
- Uses a formal project development and execution process to manage a portfolio of field projects
- Performs detailed engineering reviews and analyzes project alternatives based on economics, safety, environmental stewardship, operability, maintainability and reliability
- Participates in Management of Change, Process Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Reviews and Pre-Startup Safety reviews
- Manages and lead multi-disciplined project teams, consisting of company and contract employees, from project inception through to commissioning and startup
- BSC Mechanical Engineering or B Eng; MSC / MEng
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to learn from Training and on-the-job coaching
- Demonstrates teamwork
- Demonstrates accountability
- Willing to accept 12 months contract
Applicants must attach transcript of their university results
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Chevron Mechanical Engineering Graduate / Internship Opportunity