Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Indirect Tax Lead located in Cape Town, South Africa through October 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides Indirect tax advisory services. Evaluate changes in indirect tax laws and effects on current processes and propose required changes or alternative solutions. Reviews business models and contracts to minimize indirect tax exposure and ensure compliance. Provides insightful tax advice to business on all indirect tax matters
- Trains staff in various business units through guidance and training on new or changed legislation which has an impact on the relevant work groups. Mentors business to increase awareness and capability on Indirect Tax Matters
- Documents retention. Modifies, implements and monitors document retention policy to ensure proper record keeping across the company. Perform periodic reviews to ensure compliance to the policy. Ensure alignment with both local Tax requirements and Corporate policies
- Ensures Southern Africa Indirect tax compliance. Reviews all VAT, Duty and Sales levy accounts and ensures that all returns and payments are rendered on a timely basis
- Manages and defends Chevron Southern African legal entities against indirect tax audit adjustments. Compiles data and answers any queries from Revenue Authorities and coordinates relevant responses. Meets and negotiates with Revenue Authorities to minimize or avoid significant audit issues
- Ensures controls are in place to have effective Indirect tax risk management. Overall management of SOX processes for indirect taxes
- Participates in meetings as member of the SAPIA Tax forum and represent the view of the company on topical matters
- Maintains a positive working relationship with stakeholders at respective tax authorities
- B.Comm Hons or similar accounting tertiary qualification
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a corporate environment
- Good working knowledge of IFRS accounting principles
- Must be results driven
- Strong interpersonal and partnering ability
- Highly analytical with strong communication and presentation skills
- CA(SA) Qualification
- Oil Industry or Retail tax background
- Knowledge of VAT, Customs and Excise regulations and procedures
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
How to Apply
[button link=”https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=32559&CurrentPage=1″ color=”lightblue” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to apply online[/button]