Posted on :
14 Nov, 2013
14 Nov, 2013
BSC Masters degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science/or/Electronic Engineering. MBA will be an advantage.
A minimum of 15 years’ relevant Telecoms experience and a minimum of 5 year’s experience at an Executive level.
Previous experience in managing large staff compliments.
Running an operations division is preferred.
Core Description (Duties & Responsibilities) The incumbent will be responsible for 3 divisions, namely Network Operations, Field & Technical Support, OSS/BSS. This position reports directly to the CEO and the incumbent will liaise extensively with the MD on all operational and ITE matters.
• Controls departmental Financials, including OPEX and CAPEX budgets of the division
• Develops and implements projects as per the business plan
• Oversees the integration of front end business systems to backend networks to enabled enhanced automation and accuracy
• Oversees the implementation of sophisticated workflow management capabilities and workflow core processes
• Oversees the Re- engineering of products and services
• Oversees on-going Business Operational Support Systems development
• Ensures IP capability development on all products
• Oversees and implements special projects
• Ensures enhancement are implemented on the systems to accommodate other product workflow processes
• Initiates processes to align policies with legislation applicable to projects under his control
• Formulates and implements the operational strategies of the company
• Directs the operations team to ensure operational excellence with resource and risk management.
• Ensures portfolios of projects are managed against guidelines with associated risk
• Develops clear and comprehensive Group Operations crisis management and business recover plans. Develops priority maps that clearly identify key areas within Operations that need to be brought “back on line” in order to ensure minimal customer and regulatory degradation of service or requirements.
• Ensures pipeline of young talented employees.
• Manages 2 Heads of operations and oversees staff management of 70 employees, including stock, store and distribution centre control.
• Manages staff by agreeing performance expectations and maintaining good staff morale
• Keeps up to date with new telecoms and IT developments
• Knowledge of Call Centre Management
• Knowledge of Network Management
• Knowledge of Contractor Management
• Knowledge of Stores Management
• Implements Company EE target as contracted in the business plan.
• Adheres to legal and policy compliance
Competencies (Knowledge/Skills/Attitudes) Competencies required for the position:
• Executive disposition:
• Strategic decision making:
• Establishing strategic direction:
• Building Partnerships:
• Building a successful team:
• Perform disaster recovery planning and testing
• Assume a strategic role in estimating future capacity
• Evaluate and develop operational strategy and performance
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance
• Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of an organization
• Plan and develop strategy for operational management and development
• Create and implement an operations strategy
• Setting and reviewing budgets within the strategic plan
• Planning, directing and coordinating the operations of an organization
• Operations quality control
• Managing and controlling departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
• Operations management techniques
• Knowledge of building and maintaining of telecommunications networks
• The information technology industry
• Fixed-line, wireless, satellite and cellular technologies
• Telecommunication product development
• Industry trends in telecommunications
Remuneration Benefits Market Related
Salary: Negotiable on experience.
Close Date: 25-Nov-2013