Child Welfare Durban and District is seeking a dynamic Personal Assistant for the Executive Director at its Greyville, Durban head office.
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job Location: Durban
An experienced PA, you will ensure that the Executive Director has excellent administrative support, enabling her to focus on business development and high-level management issues. You will be an excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude. You will have the multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in the Child Welfare environment, and will work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Time/diary management
- Responding to urgent requests
- Assisting with organising events
- Carrying out specific projects & research;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers & other staff.
- Meeting & greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Carrying out background research & presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports & presentations;
- Devising & maintaining office systems, including data management & filing;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, & handling them when appropriate;
- Organising correspondence & following up on pending matters with limited direction;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Taking minutes at meetings chaired by the Executive Director & Board Standing Committees;
- Organising & preparing documents & papers for all Board meetings & where required for other management meetings;
- Organizing & attending meetings for minute taking purposes & ensuring the Executive Director is well prepared for meetings;
- Co-ordinating & booking travel arrangements and occasionally, travelling with the Executive Director for dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Taking on some of the Managers administrative responsibilities & working more closely with management;
- Minimum 2 year experience as a PA
- Exceptional computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Code 08 Licence with own vehicle (after-hour meeting attendance)
The salary package is dependent upon qualification and experience. If you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
If you meet our essential criteria and are looking for a role in a productive team where you can make a real difference, please submit your written application, including three contactable references and a detailed CV to: HR Department: [email protected]
Closing Date: 15 January 2019