Child Welfare Durban and District is an established Non-Governmental Organisation dedicated to caring for Children and Youth. We seek to appoint a suitably qualified candidate who will be responsible for the Organisations Procurement programme.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Durband
The successful candidate will work from the Organisations head office in Greyville and will report to the Financial Manager.
- Obtain and negotiate prices/quotations;
- Process relevant paperwork to purchase whilst ensuring delivery of requested commodities and services for various units;
- Ensure timeous release of requisitions and purchase orders, by placing and expediting orders with suppliers; following up on goods receipts with operations;
- Develop new alternative sources of supply by taking part in commodity execution programs, volume pooling, evaluation of vendor performance and management of supplier relationships;
- Initiating action for the different departments within the Organisation to ensure Microsoft office housekeeping is maintained regarding requisitions, outstanding orders and goods receipting;
- Identifying potential suppliers and verifying supplier qualifications for take on as vendors.
- Utilisation and compliance of contracts and utilization of e-tools
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s License
- Grade 12 plus a certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations (CIPS) or equivalent procurement diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ purchasing experience
- Exposure in a hospitality environment will be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement and supply chain processes, as well as inventory management.
- The incumbent must
- have analytical skills
- display negotiation skills
- have the ability to handle complaints and solve problems; and
- have exceptional communication skills.
Salary package for this post is between R9 687.00 – R10 595.00
Applicants must apply in writing, including three contactable references and a detailed CV to: Human Resources Department Child Welfare Durban and District [email protected]
Closing date for application: 15 January 2019
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.