Child Welfare SA Greater Alberton is a nonprofit organisation that is part of the child protection community and on the forefront of fighting for the rights of children in the Alberton, Thokoza and Eden Park areas.
Job Title: Director
Job Location: Johannesburg
Salary: A remuneration package will be negotiated
- Provide governance, leadership and statutory compliance for the organisation,
- Manage the financial, human resources and physical resources of the organisation in line with statutory and policy requirements
- Proven track record, of Programmes Management, People Management, and Finanical Management
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships, which includes but is not limited to funders, stakeholders, and beneficiaries of the programmes
- Manage Child Welfare preventative and community programmes
- Execute decisions of the Board of Management and ensure effective functioning of Child Welfare activities
- Develop, maintain, revise and implement generic operational policies aimed guiding the day-to-day administration of Child Welfare
- Develop and maintain working relationship with DSD on reporting and other matters
- A four year degree in social work, coupled with management experience preferably in the NPO industry
- A post graduate degree in the management science will give a competitive advantage
- Registered at the SACSSP as social worker
- A valid drivers license
- Management of the daily problem solving activities
- Innovative and creative
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Proficient in English and one other language
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure and irregular working hours when required
- Ensure the staff reach their set KPA’s
- A good disciplinary record
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV and cover letter, specify how you meet the criteria and how you will take the organisation forward to [email protected]
The board of management or their nominees reserves the right to make changes and alterations to this job description, as they may deem reasonable after due consultation with the post holder.
No other means of contact with the office is to be used.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The organisation reserves the right not to appoint from the candidates that made applications.
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2018