Child Welfare SA Greater Alberton is a nonprofit organisation that is part of the child protection community and on the forefront of fighting for the rights of children in the Alberton, Thokoza and Eden Park areas.
Job Title: Chief Social Worker / Supervisor
The purpose of this position is to provide supervision and professional guidance to social workers in the statutory services in terms of the Children’s Act No.38 of 2005. Develop and facilitate the growth and development of professional staff in the field of Children’s services.
- Encumbent must have a degree in Social Work, obtained from a recognised and registered university.
- Be registered as a social worker at the SACSSP.
- No criminal record or pending disciplinary procedures.
- Have at least a minimum of (3) years social work experience. Statutory and supervisory experience will be an advantage.
- The supervisor needs to have skills in organising, planning, implementing and managing social work activities and professional staff.
- The ability to take responsible decisions and responsibility for the decisions of others.
- Be able to read , write and speak English.
- Be in posession of a valid drivers licence and own vehicle.
- Ensuring all records are kept in terms of Casework, groupwork and community work.
- keeping the Central Case register upto date.
- Keeping of statistics upto date and submitting to the Department of Social Development.
- Skills in report writing and editing skills.
- Developing excellent and trust relationships with all staff.
- Be trustworthy and have the values of honesty and care.
- Assisting the professional staffin developing projects that are growth oriented,educational, informative and therapeutic.
Should you meet the above requirements please email your CV with a motivational cover letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 14 February, 2020