Child Welfare South Africa (CWSA) is an umbrella body representing 164 child welfare affiliates, 30 developing organisations, 25 outreach projects and 206 communities. Collectively we reach about 2 million children, their families and caregivers.
Job Title: Social Worker
The purpose of this position is to provide Social Work Services through the promotion of social change, problem solving in human relationships and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance social well-being.
- Render a social work service with regard to the prevention, care, support, protection and development
- empowerment of vulnerable individuals, groups, families and communities through the relevant programmes;
- Attend to any other matters that could result in, or stem from, social instability in any form;
- Conduct assessments to identify conditions in individuals, groups, families and communities that justify relevant interventions;
- Identify and make recommendations on the appropriate interventions required to address the identified conditions;
- Develop, determine and plan programmes/services to render the recommended interventions efficiently, effectively and economically;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the recommended interventions, report on progress and identify further/amended interventions to address the identified conditions; Implement the recommended interventions by providing continuous support, counseling, guidance and advice to the affected individuals, groups, families and communities; Produce and maintain records of social work interventions, processes and outcomes;
- Study, interpret and apply the social services legal and policy framework continuously;
- Perform all the administrative functions required of the job.
SEND OR FAX YOUR CV TO [[email protected]]
NB: No hand delivered CV’s will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday, 21 February, 2020