Child Welfare South Africa Hermanus (CWH) is a registered child protection organisation based in Hermanus. Established in 1945, we are a member organisation of Child Welfare SA and render social and developmental services to children, families and communities within our demarcated services areas of Paradise Park, Sandbaai, Vermont, Onrus, Mount Pleasant, Hermanus and Zwelihle. These services include statutory services; prevention, early intervention and reintegration programmes; early childhood development; and foster care.
Job Title: Therapeutic Coordinator
Job Location: Hermanus, Western Cape
This is a half-day position
The purpose of the Therapeutic Coordinator is to take responsibility for therapeutic services to children in the foster care cluster.
- Manage and coordinate all therapeutic services provided to children in the foster care cluster
- Identify potential partners and manage relationships to improve the care and support of children in this cluster. This includes professionals, community organisations, adoption agencies, churches, and schools
- Provide mentoring, training and support the professional development of the CWH Foster Mothers
- Facilitate the identification and training of new safety and foster parents while strengthening the relationship with the current place of safety and foster parents
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team developing and implementing awareness and prevention programmes including early identification through early childhood development interventions
- In association with the General Manager review and make recommendations to the development and refinement of CWH programme strategy priorities
- Ensure regular and accurate communication with all relevant stakeholders, including place of safety and foster parents, churches, community organisations, adoption agencies and so forth
- Post graduate tertiary qualification in Social Work
- Police Clearance and clearance on Form 30 (child sexual offenses register)
- Minimum of three years’ supervised case management
- Experience working with domestic violence, service delivery in communities affected by poverty and violence, residential programmes and/or pre- and post-natal care will be a distinct advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A valid driver’s licence
- Be passionate and committed to the protection of children and their holistic development as well as the mission and vision of the organisation
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative, be self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be a communicator and team player
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV, motivational letter, your salary expectations and names and contact details of three contactable referees to [email protected]
Child Welfare South Africa Hermanus reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2018