CHOC is a non-profit organisation made up of caring, committed and passionate people who stand up for and support the well-being of children and teenagers diagnosed with cancer or life threatening blood disorders and their families. CHOC aims to save lives through early detection and making the journey of those who are affected by childhood cancer, less burdensome through the comprehensive support programmes we offer.
Job Title: Face2Face Fundraiser – Team Leader
Location: Rivonia Sandton, Johannesburg
Reports to: Individual Donor Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to manage a team of up to four Fundraisers, lead from the front by fulfilling the general tasks of the Fundraiser while supporting the team to attract individual donors, meet and exceed their contractual KPIs as well as personal targets at shopping centre’s and other private sites as directed.
- Donor Acquisition
- To travel to and from work at private sites for the purpose of acquiring donors as scheduled by the Individual Giving Coordinator, and as allocated in the weekly roster.
- To meet and maintain over any 4-week period the contractual average daily sign-up rate
- Be accountable for achieving daily goals or targets (in terms of quantity and quality), in accordance to the agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- To maintain an average donation and donor age as prescribed by the contractual requirements
- To ensure that donors acquired meet the required standards
- Training and Coaching:
- Attend and actively participate in both field and classroom training, meetings and coaching as guided by the Individual Giving Coordinator
- Maintain an updated knowledge of all CHOC programs
- Identify training requirements for self as well as the team and communicate these to the Individual Giving Coordinator
- Assist in delivering training to the Fundraisers alongside the Individual Giving Coordinator
- Provide in-field coaching to Fundraisers by maintaining a working knowledge of proven F2F techniques, methods and skills required
- Be responsible for the training and coaching of newly recruited Fundraisers in the field to ensure high employee retention rates beyond the probation period
- To accurately collect and record personal and sensitive information from pre-donors on the e-Mandate or paper forms when necessary, ensuring that the completed paper forms are stored securely until handed over to the Individual Giving Coordinator
- To take responsibility of and keep safe all data capturing tools and equipment provided for the fulfilment of the role – such as, the tablet and the paper forms, gifts for donors and others.
- To be responsible for the drafting of the weekly roster, and sharing it with the team once agreed upon with the Individual Giving Coordinator
- To ensure that all leave taken, planned or unplanned, is correctly reported at the end of the week to the Individual Giving Coordinator, and the leave form correctly completed and submitted
- To provide oversight over the leave application process for the Fundraisers, and ensure that all completed leave forms are submitted timeously to the Individual Giving Coordinator
- To ensure that the team weekly target is set and communicated at the start of the week with the team, and reviewed daily at the start of each shift in that week in discussion with the Fundraisers.
- To schedule meetings with each team member for weekly performance reviews, and submit minutes to the Individual Giving Coordinator in the same week.
- To review and acknowledge performance results captured on the Dashboard, and indicate when there is a need for rectification.
- To ensure that the stock levels of all stand collateral is maintained at sufficient operational levels, and this includes donor packs, etc.
- In liaison with the CHOC Driver, to ensure that the stand is both setup and dismantled within the site’s prescribed times.
- To represent CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa in a professional manner while at the site of work or otherwise, whilst in uniform/CHOC branded clothing, through speech, dressing, and behavior
- To ensure that the team adheres to the organization’s Code of Conduct and all other relevant organization policies at all times to maintain a good image of the organization and the operation
- Working relationships:
- Externally – to foster and develop a good working relationship with Centre Managers or any other designated point of contacts at the private sites.
- Internally – to work closely with the F2F Fundraising team, BD unit and others in order to learn and improve on the F2F Fundraising technique to raise funds for CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results driven
- Cooperative team player
- Highly motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Respect and understanding for cultural diversity
- Punctual, honest and reliable
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Proven success in leading a team of F2F Fundraisers is a requirement (1-2years experience)
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate people
- Ability to work independently
Experience in a supervisory role would be an advantage.
Submit a CV (maximum four pages), names and contact details of at least three recent referees, to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 December, 2019