Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children’s rights in South Africa.
Job Title: Senior Social Worker
Job Location: Limpopo
The purpose of the Senior Social Worker is to coordinate parenting programmes and child protection programmes, Supervise Auxiliary Social workers and manage day to day office function.
- Coordinate the implementation of parenting programmes and ensure targets are reached : Teen Parenting and Hands on parenting programmes
- Supervise and support of employees
- Monitor and Evaluate, data collection, handling, management and validation
- Complete administration work such as case recordings, monthly reports and registers
- Manage office administration work, transport registers, invoices and office car
- Network, Collaborate and maintain a good relationship with a multi-disciplinary team
- Social Work qualification
- Registered with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence advantageous
- Proficiency in both speaking and writing of Setswana, Venda and English
- Computer proficiency
- Wiliness to travel, work after hours and weekends
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Senior Social Worker
- Experience in conducting group work, working with youths and parents
- Experience in working in the NGO field
- Background experience, training on Parenting programmes and Child protection programmes will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS and different forms of abuse is essential
- Knowledge of The Children’s Act
- Knowledge of the districts / area of operation
- Background of being a parent or a direct caregiver to a child
- Counselling skills and presentation skills
- Leadership skills and ability to lead, guide, supervise and mentor people
- Well-developed social and team interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with people from different backgrounds
- Report writing skills
To apply, submit a CV with traceable and contactable references and certified copies of qualifications to [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Non-South African applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit.
If you have not heard from the organisation within 30 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 11th September, 2018