The Chrysalis Academy is a nonprofit organisation based in Tokai offering a three-month residential youth development programme for youth of the Western Cape.
Job Title: Social Worker
Job Location: Cape Town
Salary: R187 629 yearly
This is a one year fixed term contract
- Provide counselling services to students, graduates, Instructors and families as well as staff and interns
- Create and maintain a database of relevant social services organisations
- Provide coaching services to the Instructor Team and Interns at the Academy
- Co-facilitate parent and family workshops
- Facilitation of life skills programmes for students, Instructors and graduates
- Provide therapeutic support groups for students, (e.g. Substance Abuse group, Positive Parenting etc.)
- Degree in Social Work
- Registered with the SA Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Minimum of three years’ Social Worker experience
- Experience working with young adults
- Counselling experience in trauma, loss and substance abuse
- A valid driver’s license is compulsory
- A well-established network of referrals
- Display exemplary youth leadership/role modelling and share the Academy’s values and embody the holistic approach
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Report writing skills
- Computer skills Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Administrative skills
To apply, submit a copy of your CV with a motivation letter; proof of SACSSP registration; certified copies of ID, Licence and Qualification to email@example.com or hand deliver it to our offices at Porter Estate, Tokai Road, and Tokai.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 15 June, 2018