The Chrysalis Academy is a non-profit organisation based in Tokai (Cape Town) offering a three-month residential youth development programme for youth of the Western Cape.
The programme is holistic and strongly based on discipline, structure, order and routine. Chrysalis Academy is a smoke, drug and alcohol-free organisation.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Tokai, Cape Town.
Employment Type: 1-year contract position:
Remuneration: R240 000 – R360 000 CTC per annum
The purpose of this position is to manage the Outdoor Adventure Leadership Youth Programmes and will be accountable for the operation of the Outdoor Camp and find an energetic and highly motivated individual who share the Academy’s values and display exemplary role modelling by embodying the Academy’s holistic approach to fill the
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Certificate in Project Management and Curriculum Design
- Registration with SETA as an assessor for relevant qualifications and/or specific unit standards linked to adventure based leadership training
- Health and Safety/ first aid certificate advantageous
- At least 5-years of relevant project management experience
- At least 5-years of relevant outdoor and wilderness experience
- At least 5-years of relevant programme design and facilitation experience
- Experience in the youth development sector
- A valid driver’s license is essential
- A good understanding of holistic youth development
- Fluent in at least 2 South African languages
- Non-smoker and sober habits
- Desire and passion for the outdoors and the availability to work a flexible schedule
- Embody self-care practices and therapeutic group practices
- Skills and competence:
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Good interpersonal and social skills
- Well-developed computer skills (PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel)
- Well developed administrative skills and attention to detail
- Coordinate all recreational learning activities (e.g. environmental literacy, camp crafting, map reading etc.) including programme design for the Academy’s 2-week outdoor programme
- Project Manage the Outdoor Adventure Leadership Youth Programmes including school camps, corporate camps etc.
- Liaise with schools (principles, educators, SGB) which includes coordination of camps, attending meetings at schools, training at schools, parent workshops at schools etc.
- Manage and supervise a team of Outdoor Facilitators
- Convening of the therapeutic programme, specifically the therapeutic associates
- Advertise and market service offerings to local, national and international organisations including corporate organisations, government departments etc.
- Compile monthly reports of programmes/camps conducted
- Monitor and evaluate all programmes
Email your CV, motivational letter, copies of qualifications and drivers licence to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 15/05/2020