Posted on :
3 Sep, 2013
Cisco is changing the way in which we live, work, play and learn. So if your desire to work in leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to make a difference then the Cisco Associate Network Consulting Engineer program (aNCE) is the right challenge for you. As part of the Cisco Advanced Services team, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a highly collaborative, fast paced, global environment combining technical expertise, professional excellence and consulting skills to become a fully qualified Network Consulting Engineer (NCE).
When: Training commitment is January, 27th until April, 25th (3 months of full-time training)
Where: In Krakow,Poland for 6 weeks plus in-country virtual learning
The Opportunity: The Cisco Advanced Services team (AS) is a global organization charged with providing world-class services to Cisco’s customer base. As part of this team you will be helping create Cisco’s concept of the Human Network, by contributing to the success of Cisco’s customers in deploying and utilizing the latest networking technologies.
The AS team’s primary focus is with Cisco’s premium customers. It operates in the Plan-Design-Implement (PDI) and Optimize phases of the Network Lifecycle applying new technologies, in complex design, performance and optimization services within the largest networks in the world, and led by some of the best technical experts in the industry.
aNCE Year 1 Responsibilities
• Developing solid knowledge of baseline Advanced Services (AS) skills
• Developing knowledge as a Network Infrastructure (NI) specialist in core IP routing and switching and/or Cisco Advanced Technologies.
• Completing technical and professional training during the first 3 months
• Passing CCNA certification exam within first 3 weeks of employment
• Passing the CCNP certification, or equivalent, exams within the first 3 months of employment
• Passing the CCIE written certification, or equivalent, exams within the first 6 months of employment
• Successfully completing 3 formal presentations and 4 written assignments
• Achieving additional certifications testing, such as CCDA & CCDP
• Completing projects and assignments on time to meet customer and team requirements
Long-term aNCE Responsibilities:
• Supporting the delivery of Advanced Services to major accounts
• Reviewing network requirements and producing high and low level network designs
• Reviewing customer Implementation and Change Management Plans
• Planning and executing complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activities
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
• Acting as a technical focal point for large account network problem resolution
• Generating reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables
• Leveraging and contributing to Virtual Teams
• Challenging ways of working and suggesting improvements and best practice
Competencies of Successful NCEs
• Strong computer/network skills with ability to understand technical issues and apply technical concepts
• The ability to leverage technical expertise from multiple sources
• Passion for learning and demonstrated ability for independent study, as well as the ability to work in a team
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong listening skills
• The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
• The ability to produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
• The ability to take and utilize constructive feedback
Education and Eligibility Requirements
• Minimum BS/BA from a 3-4 year technical program
• Degree in Engineering, Information Technologies, Computer Sciences, Physics or Mathematics preferred
• Ability to live and work in the country of your application with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
• Must be fluent in English as well as the native language of the country of your application
• Must be able to begin full time employment on January 27, 2014
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your CV or resume against this requisition and we will contact you at the end of September with details regarding next steps.
This position is located in Johannesburg, South Africa.
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply Now” button at the end of this page or on this link to apply online