Posted on :
28 Nov, 2013
28 Nov, 2013
Global Virtual Sales is on a journey of Transformation. This journey will result in a Transformation of the experience for our customers, partners, stakeholders and employees, driving higher relevance and stronger business results for Cisco. Two of Cisco’s top priorities are focusing on growth in the Commercial market globally; and with emerging, fast-growing countries around the world.
Our Global Virtual Sales organization, which leverages virtual technology to grow revenue and build relationships with customers and partners, is expanding our sales coverage globally to help accelerate these areas of the business, as well as other market segments, like Public Sector and Service Provider. These virtual sales roles are core to Cisco’s Partner-led strategy and carry a legal bookings sales goal with a defined list of customers or partners.
We are seeking a Virtual Sales Manager who will manage a team of direct sales representatives for an area/segment/country of the Virtual Sales team. Responsibilities will include an annual goal, ability to build strong internal and customer focused relationships, and work seamlessly within a matrix managed environment. Additionally, this position will need to drive business planning, forecasting accuracy, goal attainment and work effectively with cross-functional teams, while aligning to Cisco Virtual Sales Leadership Initiatives.
The ideal candidate will bring their success-driven work ethic, excellent communication skills, fast-paced work style, and history of strong performance in leading diverse teams in a dynamic, challenging and changing environment.
Candidates who possess strong sales coaching skills and a passion for developing others are highly desired.
In this role, you will:
• COLLABORATE – Business partner with the field sales organization to foster close alignment. Work across internal and external boundaries to ensure success for Cisco and our Customers.
• LEARN – Develop others through an effective sales training program designed to bring sales people up to speed quickly on the full range of products/services and constantly challenge them during their time with Cisco Inside Sales. Develop and maintain a robust recruitment strategy for the organization. Develop self though robust experiences on the job, an education plan, and exposure opportunities.
• EXECUTE – Achieve STRETCH goals and provide a sales model that yields incremental coverage at an effective cost. Build a sustainable sales infrastructure to support 3 – 5 year goals. Demonstrate passion for Cisco’s vision and success.
• ACCELERATE – Develop a bold strategy for the business that is based on input from multiple sources and promotes short term, as well as long-term success. Champion Cisco technology and Web 2.0 strategies to accelerate sales and customer intimacy. Build an exceptional portfolio of talent to lead and execute against the strategy.
• DISRUPT – Foster a climate of innovation, constantly raising the quality and output of the inside sales program. Embrace change and effectively guide the organization through the process of change.
• BS/BA (or equivalent) plus 2-4 years related sales experience with 2 – 3 years leadership experience in related field.
• Cisco sales, product & technical certifications strongly preferred.
Additionally, candidates for this role show a history of success in the following:
• Technical/Professional Knowledge
• Risk Taking
• Strong coaching skills
• Resource Management
• Relationship Building
• Quality Assurance/Follow up
• Planning and Organizing
• Personal Effectiveness