CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, they work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. CIVICUS strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
The purpose of the position is to be a key member of the Innovation for Change Cluster, working to connect like-minded members to each other, to working groups and with the content and programming that will help them achieve their goals.
Job Title: Technology Officer
Location: South Africa
- The moderation and editorial oversight of the global site and play a key role in community management;
- On-going platform maintenance, supporting usability enhancements through good user experience design, and will be able to design and implement trainings for Hub colleagues and network members on the new functionality, digital tools and toolkits.
- Platform Moderation & Administration and online engagement
- Supporting the overall administration and community management of the network platforms;
- Leading on-going platforms maintenance, and supporting usability enhancements through good user experience design;
- Establishing community moderation/conducting policies to help moderate the online community;
- Designing trainings for Hub colleagues and network members on web design functionalities, digital tools, and toolkits;
- Leading the creative process resulting in the creation of community content (images, videos and written)
- Assisting with social media analytics, data visualization and mapping.
- Operations Support
- Collaborating with staff members on content calendars, cross-regional posts, etc;
- Mentoring and supporting the hubs regarding sites usability and troubleshooting questions;
- Overseeing and maintaining sites analytics;
- Overseeing day-to-day platform operations;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Setting up accounts for platform users.
- Onboarding new members
- Network Engagement
- Working with technologists across the network to identify and support the building of technology-enabled solutions to a range of different challenges;
- Develop impact data collection and visualization infrastructure to share and showcase global network activities – data entry from seven global hubs, tracking campaigns, events, and lessons learned.
Please click here for a full Job Description
Interested candidates should email their application to [email protected]
Your application should comprise of:
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Application Deadline: Friday, 10 January, 2020