Posted on :
14 Mar, 2016
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER REF NO: CSP/04/2016 SALARY : R1 042 500 per annum (All inclusive package)
CENTRE : Pretoria
REQUIREMENTS : A Degree/National Diploma (NQF level 7) in Finance or equivalent qualification. At least 5 years’ experience in a Financial Management/Accounting role. A minimum of 5 years experience at the Senior Management level.
A postgraduate qualification, and/or Chartered Accountant qualification will serve as an added advantage. Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements. Skills and competencies: Given the scope of financial management in the public sector it is recognised that the CFO must be technically trained and proficient in at least the following subject areas
• Business planning and design Financial accounting (including principles of GAAP/GRAP) • Internal and external audit • Information systems
• Communication skills (written and verbal) • Analytical skills • Attention to detail • Generic management competencies, including strategic capability and leadership, programme and project management, people management and empowerment and financial management.
DUTIES : Establish and maintain appropriate systems and policies to ensure effective and efficient management of resources • Manage financial information and respond to changing needs for financial information and advice • Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short- and long-term strategic financial objectives • Ensure that internal financial targets and budgets are fully consistent with the Secretariat Strategic plan and relevant agreements with Government
• Monitor financial risks and implement an anti-fraud and corruption strategy in collaboration with Risk Management • Manage Secretariat revenue and expenditure in accordance with the vote of the Department, main divisions within the vote and the PFMA •Compile budget estimates, monthly forecasts, and project planning and produce adjusted cash flow
• Ensure that quarterly and annual financial statements are compiled and submitted timeously in accordance with applicable standards and legislative requirements
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Secretary of Police and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations• Formulate creative solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of the services and the administration of the Secretariat
• Manage activities pertaining to: financial transaction processing and reporting services, supply chain services, asset management services, vote account, costing, budget management and the standardisation of processes, norms and standards.
APPLICATIONS : Applications must be mailed timeously to Private Bag X922 Pretoria 0001 or hand delivered to 217 Pretorius Street, Van Erkom Arcade building 7th floor, Pretoria at the Reception. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE : 18 March, 2016
NOTE : Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form Z.83 of the Public Service Act form only, (i.e. application for employment form), obtainable from any Public Service Department or any Public Service and Administration website or recruitment office within the Secretariat for Police .All applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of all educational qualifications and supporting documents, such as identity documents, driver’s license, etc. Certified copies should not be more than 3 months old. Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking severance packages, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the candidate being disqualified. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Short-listed candidates will be subject to a security clearance. The Secretary of Police has the right not to fill the post. All posts are based in Pretoria.