Posted on :
10 Nov, 2022
We are looking to recruit a permanent Senior Business Analyst (IT) MM (Material Management & Procurement) to work for United Pharmaceutical Distributors (UPD). The role will be based at the Roodepoort, Lea Glen branch and will report to the Applications Portfolio Manager.
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (IT) MM (Material Management & Procurement) (UPD)
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Business Analyst (IT) MM (Material Management & Procurement) drives the analysis, process finalization, and resolution of process & technical issues. They run small projects or are responsible for portions of a large project and ensures that these are completed on time and within the budget. They will prepare or be involved in preparing the detailed level plan for their functional area and will pro-actively address issues that arise on projects. A Senior Business Analyst performs a Team Leader role and ensures high quality service and high client satisfaction by demonstrating their high-level caliber and capabilities. They act as role models through their dedication to client service & problem solving. They invest time in the professional development of other staff and provide feedback to juniors for improvement. They also assist in innovation and change by providing proposals & business cases for the roll-out of additional functionality.
· Develop (or assists with) the project plan for a project. This includes drafting the project plan (scope, deliverables, timelines and resources) and preparing individual work plans.
· For assigned functional area, set priorities appropriately and ensures that work outputs are timely and of the highest quality leading to the implementation of the requirements on-time and on budget.
· Lead the execution of assigned project tasks in areas of demonstrated competence. This includes facilitating meetings/task groups, tracking, and influencing task group progress, tracking project deliverables, etc.
· Analyse the business processes, problems & opportunities. Define the SAP solution. Demonstrate creativity and thought leadership and use your experience in substantiating the proposed solutions. Moves logically and creatively from facts to conclusions.
· Gather and interpret requirements from the business, preparation for and contribution in the process design workshops, and to configure the SAP system, demonstrate it, and gain acceptance from the business.
· Document the Functional Specifications for business review & sign-off
· Collaborate on the Technical Specifications in conjunction with the architect & developers to ensure the requirement is accurately met.
· Define the success criteria for solution testing. Responsible for test scripts, business scenarios and SIT testing on SAP related projects and change requests.
· Perform the system configuration, work with developers on any changes, test these, and assists users in testing cycles.
· Prepare the Business Process Procedures, Functional Specifications, Test Scenarios, End-user documentation, and User manuals.
· Ensure SAP knowledge transfer happens to the users.
· Use “SAP-standard” as methodology and the tools in the company
· Interacts with the SAP organisation as appropriate, to obtain the requisite support in a timely and efficient manner and ensures access to the best available resources within SAP. Work with SAP Implementation Partners to ensure seamless delivery of services.
· Provide 2nd / 3rd line SAP support.
· Maintain and expand contact at senior levels in the organisation and build credible relationships with key personnel.
· Continually develop your SAP core skills, cross-functional expertise, and business knowledge based on accumulated experience.
· Keep up to date with trends and opportunities in SAP and our industry. Understand the overall business objectives/needs and translate these into well-defined and justified proposals that describe the process(es) to use and includes deliverables, timelines and estimates of the costs and resources required.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· Relevant Finance/Accounting/Logistics qualification. (essential)
· 3-year Degree/ Diploma or Honours Degree (strongly advisable)
· Certificate or Diploma in Business Analysis from industry recognised Training Institution (desirable).
· SAP Certifications
· 7 to 10 years’ experience with at least 5 as a Business Analyst / SAP Functional consultant.
· 5 years SAP FI/CO, MM or SD experience in S4/HANA using Fiori.
· End user support experience.
· S4/HANA cloud experience.
· 3 to 5 Years working in a Project Management environment.
· 3 to 5 Years systems analyst experience or substantial business experience.
· Experience in Pharma, Logistics, or Wholesale & Distribution Industries
Skills & Knowledge:
Functional configuration proficiency in of one of the following SAP S4 core areas:
Writing Functional Specifications for business review & sign-off
Writing Technical Specifications for Developers to follow.
Writing Test Specifications and executing testing against them.
Broader SAP knowledge in other SAP products:
· SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
· SAP Portal
· SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C)
· SAP Application Lifecycle Manager (ALM) / Solution Manager (SolMan)
· SAP Enable Now (SEN)