We are seeking a person to join the Johannesburg Communications Team. The ideal candidate would have a strong academic record and a degree in the humanities or communications, plus a minimum of four to six years’ professional experience in a communications-related position.
Give strategic advice to McKinsey project teams, individual partners and consultants, and clients at all levels up to and including CEOs, on:
- Defining appropriate strategic communications objectives
- Identifying and analysing stakeholders, their positions and needs
- Developing insightful communication strategies and plans to achieve the objectives
- Setting up the communications architecture needed to deliver the plans
- Designing individual communications and interactions (e.g., speeches, presentations, workshops, documents)
This advice may be given in a wide range of client organisations and situations, but typically we work in large-scale organisations in the throes of major change, such as redesign of the organisation or operational performance improvement programmes.
Build both consultants’ and clients’ communications skills (strategic, written, interpersonal) by designing and delivering:
- Coaching to individuals and teams.
- Training to groups.
Develop the office and the Firm’s thinking on, and aspirations for, communications by:
- Developing and packaging best practices.
Designing and implementing awareness-building initiatives
Please submit cover letter, CV, transcripts and latest salary slip by 28th June 2016.
Skills, attributes and experience required:
- 4-6 years’ credible experience in a communications-related field – e.g., teaching, journalism, PR, publishing, training – or in business
- Excellent academic qualifications
- The ability to absorb rapidly and grapple with a wide range of complex business issues
- Strategic thinking, with strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal, editing and writing skills
- The presence to coach, train, and challenge McKinsey partners, consultants and clients at all levels with credibility
- Flexibility and the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- Self-motivation, with an appetite for working entrepreneurially in an unstructured and unsupervised environment
- Team orientation, with a strong sense of commitment to team members and client impact