Clowns Without Borders South Africa (CWBSA) is international organisation dedicated to improving the psychosocial condition of children, families, and communities in areas of crisis through laughter and play. We also seek to raise our society’s awareness of conditions in these areas.
Job Title: Technical Programme Specialist
Job Location: Johannesburg
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience
Start date: 14 January 2019 with a one year’ full-time contract renewable subject to performance and funding
The purpose of the PLH Technical Programme Specialist is to work with a dynamic team to support the ongoing dissemination and scale-up of the PLH programmes in sub-Saharan Africa and internationally.
- Provide technical and programmatic management directly to projects under given portfolio
- Coordinate and monitor PLH deliverables in collaboration with the PLH technical programmes team
- Manage PLH staff including Master Trainers, Trainers, Coaches, and other personnel assigned to projects under their project portfolio
- Monitor periodic of PLH programme delivery progress and quality of scale up, including field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities under their portfolio
- Build capacity and support partners in planning, implementing and sustaining the programme, including the creation of relevant tools to support implementation
- Timely preparation, production and submission of progress reports
- Supervise and monitor of programme adaptation under their portfolio in new contexts in order to assure programme fidelity
- Represent PLH in meetings and act as spokesperson in various platforms including with other NGOs, government officials, institutions, corporates, major donors, etc
- Liaise with the Parenting for Lifelong Health research group, and, in particular, the University of Oxford research team on scientific matters regarding PLH 10 to 17 and PLH 2 to 9
- Duties related to PLH for Kids and Teens and other CWBSA programmes as required
- Minimum of Master’s degree in relevant area (or similar experience)
- Minimum of five years’ experience of project/programme management
- Previous experience of managing projects with multi-partners and government donors – USAID
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Desirable, previous experience working with parenting programmes
- Desirable, ability to speak and write in French or Kiswahili
- Right to work in South Africa
- Project management skills, as well as budgeting and monitoring and evaluation experience
- Fast learner, analytical and critical thinker
- Strong writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to find work independently
- Conversant with culturally diverse teams and partners and able to work with physically dispersed team members
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Driver’s license
To apply, submit a written sample along with a resume and personal statement in the form of a cover letter describing in detail how you meet the skills and qualifications to Ms. Nomagugu Masuku-Mukadah –[email protected] with subject entitled “PLH Technical Programme Specialist”
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CWBSA reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found.
While CWBSA thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2018