Columba Leadership (columba.org.za) is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors. We have a 10-year track record with over 7,400 graduates from 189 schools.
Learners, with adult support, form teams to tackle the biggest challenges confronting the school such as violence and bullying, sanitation and toilets, sex, drugs and teen pregnancy, discipline, poor academic performance and attendance. Youth leaders make real decisions on resources, strategy and policies, have their voices heard consistently, and become active meaningful contributors to real school issues.
Job Title: Sales/ Fundraiser
Based: Savoy Estate, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
We are looking for a results-driven Sales person to actively seek out and engage funding prospects.
Key Performance Areas:
- Presenting, promoting and selling the Columba Programme to existing and prospective funders, investors and stakeholders.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining positive relationships
- Reaching out to funder and investor leads through cold calling
- Achieving agreed upon funding targets and outcomes within schedule
- Co-ordinating funding efforts with team members and other departments
- Analysing and conducting market-research for funding opportunities
Minimum Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Must be in possession of a relevant tertiary qualification
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience in sales or fund raising, with specific NPO experience a distinct advantage
- Must be proficient in MS Office. Competence in MS Projects advantageous
- Proficiency in a CRM Programme a distinct advantage
- Relates well with young people
- Proficient in written and verbal English – with excellent oral and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills. Have the ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to relate to several different stakeholder groups, internal and external, senior and more junior
- Ability to simplify messaging with clarity of purpose, meaning and impact
- Adaptabilitiy and ability to work in a fluid environment
- Attention to detail (including in terms of accuracy and layout)
- Planning skills
- Administratively strong
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and complete the AA bio summary form in MS word format to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 01st November 2019