Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments, and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience.
We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This is an entry-level commercial position which will provide training
in a broad range of tasks to gain experience in a practical hands-on way. The position will gradually develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviors required to become a key member of the commercial trading team.
Only after completing a 12 -24 month period of training and ONLY if the graduate has acquired the necessary skills and has proven them self; will they transfer to the trading team as a Junior Trader.
- Will spend a minimum of 12 months on the Trade Execution/ Supply Chain Desk
- 25% Daily telephonic contact with both customers and suppliers
- 25% Monitoring customers stock levels and ensure uninterrupted mill production
- 25% Provide delivery instructions and monitor transporters and release instructions to Co-ops
- 20% Invoicing customers and attending to queries
- 5% Contract reconciliation incl Profit and Loss calculations.
- University degree in Agricultural Economics or Economics or International Trade
- Previous work experience 1/2 years
- Attention to Detail and accurate
- Dedicated and diligent
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and spoken English
- Adaptable to change