We are searching for an exceptional Communications Manager that will create, drive, and ensure delivery of a comprehensive communications strategy to serve the overall mission of Common Good. The Individual will be responsible for upholding the brand identity and consistency for Common Good and its various programmatic sub-brands: Sikunye (Early Life), Education and The Zanokhanyo Network (Employment). You will work in a tight-knit Communications team alongside other creatives, and in collaboration with multi-disciplinary professionals across our programmes.
As a social justice NPO, it is imperative that we demonstrate how our work is contributing to positive and lasting change. Communication is a key component in both documenting and celebrating that impact it articulates action, fuels hope and motivates our efforts.
You’ll thrive in this role if…
You are passionate about making a difference and have the desire to serve with an organisation that loves our City and are passionate about social justice. You are driven to collaborate and partner respectfully with each programme leader to deliver effective communication both internally and externally. You are highly proactive with strong self-leadership, a pioneering and resilient spirit that is flexible and open to working within a fast-paced environment with high demands. Your organisational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you are driven by ensuring that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity and performance. You enjoy collaborating across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve organisational goals.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: South Africa
The successful individual will be responsible for the following duties, which are not limited to:
- Communications Strategy:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy for Common Good,
- Uphold brand identity and consistency for Common Good and its various programmatic sub-brands;
- Play an advisory role to Programme Leaders, to align their communication needs with the existing communications strategy;
- Work with the CEO and Programme Leaders to recognise internal and external communication opportunities and solutions;
- Define and execute appropriate strategies to engage stakeholders effectively;
- Define and execute internal communications that reinforce Common Good’s values, ethos and vision, with the goal of building a unified, motivated and envisioned team;
- Be knowledgeable about social justice matters within a South African and local church context,
- Be able to express nuanced content in a way that is in line with our theology and values
- Communications Production
- Oversee the development of print, video, online and other digital communications for Common Good and its programmes;
- Conceptualise creative solutions to fulfil strategic goals
- Scope, interpret and formulate project briefs
- Curate and review communication outputs
- Define and execute written communications for multiple platforms and various audiences;
- Conceptualise, direct and script organisational videos;
- Update and maintain Common Good’s websites;
- Develop materials for business partners and fundraising efforts;
- Coordinate the production of the Common Good Annual Report and other key pieces of communication for strategic partners, donors and the Board.
- Ensure that there are efficient and effective systems and processes for content creation (From conception to implementation phase)
- Manage relationships with communications consultants, vendors and outsource partners;
- Brief the internal communications team and outsource partners on communications projects and tasks;
- Increase audience engagement on Common Good’s social media channels;
- Increase donor engagement in conjunction with the Fundraising team;
- Develop annual plans and budget with input from senior leadership and the Finance Manager;
- Identify monitoring and evaluation inputs for programme leaders
- Form part of the Common Good leadership team, contributing to organisational vision, mission, strategy and leadership
- Provide daily leadership and management to the Communications team
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews with team members, scoping roles and defining KPA’s clearly.
- Develop skills within the team, to maintain standards of excellence and drive innovation.
- Completed Bachelors’ degree in Marketing or Communications Management or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Communications Management/Strategist role;
- Experience in a broad range of media, including web design, graphic design, video production and social media;
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies
- Experience in a similar environment would be beneficial
- Willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of Common Good is essential
- Your own transport is essential, as you may be required to travel between locations.
Competencies and abilities
- Masterful written and oral communication skills including proven success in presenting ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively;
- Excellent ability to distill communications from a variety of sources and format/repackage appropriately;
- Strategic thinker who can effectively target communication to a range of different stakeholders;
- Results oriented, able to complete tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritise and follow through effectively;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Innovative and creative, with an eye for detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and across teams;
- Proven leadership ability.
Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to [email protected].
REF: Communication Manager
Application Deadline: 16 October 2020
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position